If you are in a hurry and looking for the best dating site for single parents, we recommend eHarmony.
Finding love while being a single parent is difficult. Just the thought of getting back into the dating game can be pretty daunting to several single parents. It is mainly because as a single parent every decision that you make revolves around your kids. It’s a constant juggle and negotiations while finding a balance in life. In this whole situation bringing an outsider is seldom received well by your kids. There are multiple questions that run your mind whenever you think about dating.
How to find time to date?
How should I represent this to kids-or the beautiful person across the table?
And the most important one…
Where do I look for a date that understands the life of a single parent?
To end your dismay, thankfully there are several single parents dating sites. There are a variety of reasons why single moms and dads prefer to explore dating sites that cater specifically to them. The primary reason is a fellow single parent understands what it is like to bring children in the mix. They are able to relate to each other’s everyday struggles and challenges.
Regardless of your location, you can expect to find a potential partner as there are several other beautiful people sailing in the same boat as you. Here is our list of top 10 single parent dating sites and few mainstream dating sites which have a good number of single parents seeking a date.
10 Best Single Parents Dating Websites Review
Relationships: Long term, serious and deep relationships
Profile: All singles*
Gender Ratio: 51% male and 49% female*
User Base: 4.2 million visits/month*
Popularity: Over 9 million active users worldwide*
User Rating: 4.8/5.0*
eHarmony is all about the long term, serious and committed relationships. Since its launch in 2000, the site never had to look back. It played a monumental role in creating several marriages in the USA. With its diverse user base, you can find thousands of single parents looking for love.
This sophisticated dating site is the crux of the combined experience of the team of psychologists and relationship experts. The 29-dimensional personality test is designed to help you find a truly compatible match. It’s a perfect online dating site for single parents who have marriage on their minds. The site has an excellent average of 545 marriage a day in the USA, roughly around 2%.
- Patented 29 Dimensions Personality Assessment with 150 questions on a wide range of topics.
- Minimalistic design with a clean dashboard that shows recent profile visits.
- Premium member benefits are extensive, which includes anonymous browsing, personalized assistance over the phone., access to 30 additional profiles a day, and many more.
- eHarmony offers an additional 3 months membership for free if you are not satisfied with your first 3 months subscription.
eHarmony is an extremely popular online dating site. It's worth investing time and money in this, and that's the reason we included it in top dating websites for single parents.
Single Parent Match
When it comes to dating sites for single parents, Single Parent Match is one of our most recommended sites. Being the pioneers in the niche, the site has experienced all sorts of ups and downs in the industry. It provides an amazing opportunity for all single parents to interact, mingle, and share their thoughts as well as experiences with others. Other than dating you can also expect to make friends here.
If you are low on budget, you can register on the site for free. With the free membership, you can use a limited number of communication tools like flirts and likes. However, if a paid member sends you a message you can respond back. The only downside is the look of the site, which is quite primitive in comparison to the latest single parents dating websites.
- You can chat, video message on its online dating app.
- The website has a good amount of learning resources for single parents.
- Parents can join a single parent forum and share the struggles and amusing part of their daily life.
Single Parent Match has many unique features including ‘First Date Ideas', ‘Single Parent Blogs', ‘Kinds Health Tips', and more. You can browse the profiles based on categories like Single Parent in Canada, Single Parent Women, Single Parent Men. The site also has single parents dating app for iPhone and Android users.
Single Parent Meet
Single Parent Meet provides a secure and welcoming environment. The hassle-free signup process allows you to customize your profile the way you want. It completely depends on the users how detailed or brief they want their profile.
The site has a variety of communication tools, which can spoil you for choices. The site has an additional feature called Promote Me which lets you give a boost to your profile at an additional fee. Many people prefer this feature as it gives instant visibility to your profile and you are featured on top of search results.
- You can send messages, write emails, stay connected via instant messages, or make a video call.
- Chatrooms let you connect with single parents belonging to both genders.
- Send virtual gifts to your matches.
- You receive notifications whenever you get matched.
Single Parent Meet is built by People Media, which owns and operates multiple niche dating sites. So, you can expect excellent services. Moreover, the site is free to join, which puts it in the list of the best single parent dating sites. Sign up now and explore all its features.
Our Time is an online dating service that serves single parents and individuals over 50. Whether your younglings have already flown out of the nest or still very much there, OurTime can be the dating site for you. The website has over 8.9 million users and is continuously growing. The site is designed keeping in mind their target userbase of 50+. Its features are quite advanced yet easy to use.
- Easy instant messages and chats
- Easy to read fonts and minimalistic design.
- Expert articles on dating and relationships.
- Along with photos, you can also add videos to your profile.
- Both site and app are easy to use and has similar features.
OurTime is an international dating site with a presence in over 20 countries. So, if you are looking to connect with single parents from other countries, sign-up for free and start connecting.
Just Single Parents
‘Just Single Parents' as the name suggests is only for single parents. At the time of creating the account, it gives you the option to choose the number of children. So, it allows only those people to join who have at least one child.
The site understands being a parent without a partner is not an easy thing. The site encourages you to find a partner who could relate to your struggles. You can sign up for free and browse the profiles. However, to contact any users you have to upgrade. Don’t worry it falls in the most affordable range.
- Search by ZIP codes, distance, or country.
- Fun features like online magazine, astrology, and horoscope information.
- Members are primarily looking for long-term relationships.
Just Single Parents helped thousands of single parents finding love online. It also welcomes gay men and lesbians. It's an international single parent dating website and available in 24 different languages.
Single Parent Passions
Single Parent Passions is owned and operated by Passions Network, which has 260+ niche dating sites. It is a 100% free dating site for single parents. You can chat, messages, email, and connect with thousands of like-minded singles for free. The site offers plenty of features and medium to connect. However, the dull and ancient look of the site can make you think twice.
On the plus side, you don’t have to pay anything to join the site and so you can exit if you don’t like in there.
- It is a dating and social networking site for single parents.
- You can communicate with other members via chat, video calls, forums, messages, and emails.
- You can join various groups to connect with single parents who are in a similar situation, eg. One child, Single parent with custody, divorced, more than one child, etc.
Apart from dating for single parents, it also provides an excellent platform for social networking. With an easy sign-up process, you can log in with an email or Facebook account. As the site is a part of the Passions Network, your profile can be placed on similar dating websites of the same network without any extra charge.
Single parents in Australia can feel more at home with ‘Mums Date Dads'. The site encourages you to go for a free subscription as you can browse in depth without paying anything. You can customize your search the way you want. The site is aesthetically appealing and is designed keeping in mind the young single parents.
- Free to join and search.
- Optimized for mobile.
- All member profiles are verified.
- Dedicated customer support.
Mums Date Dads is a part of a reputed online dating network. So, once you are a part of this single parent dating community, you automatically get listed on all the similar sites of the same network. All the members of the site are verified, and in case of any issues, it has excellent customer support.
First Met which was formerly known as AYI.com (Are You Interested), is one of the largest free dating sites for single parents. The site has an exceptional user base and fans following. It has 30 million registered users and 3 million fans on Facebook.
What makes it stand out is its well-rounded dating experience. Though the site is not specifically designed for single parents, it does provide an option while registering to tick the single parent box. The site has a large number of single parents and many of them have some positive things to say about it.
- 100% free to join, and no add-ons for premium members.
- It has a little bit of everything – social media networking with Facebook and online dating experience.
- Easy to use. Technologically challenged users will also enjoy its simple user interface.
First Met welcomes gays and lesbians. So, whether you are divorced, separated, or never married, and whether you are interested in men or women, you can find your love on this.
Relationships: Serious committed relationships
Profile: All singles*
Gender Ratio: 43% male and 57% female*
User Base: 2 million visits/month*
Popularity: 82% members are university educated*
User Rating: 4.7/5.0*
Elite Singles is for all those singles who are looking for a serious committed relationship but are too busy to find it. It is the primary choice of all busy working professionals; whose personal or professional life restricts them to find a date. You may still have to spare some time to finish up the signup process, which includes a long questionnaire consisting of 200 questions. However, that is the only hard work Elite Singles requires you to do. Your deep personality report lets the site’s algorithm to suggest your potential matches based on your personality.
Though the website doesn’t cater exclusively to single parents, yet it promotes single parent dating and has a good number of single parents as members.
- Strong privacy and safety features like ID authentication, manual profile verification, SSL inscription, and fraud detection system.
- Advice from the relationship experts on dating and relationship tips.
- Premium members get 20 extra matches every day.
- Clean and aesthetic layout with plenty of useful features.
EliteSingles is the dating site for educated professionals. If you are looking to connect with someone who is well educated and well settled in his/her professional life, go for Elite Singles.
Relationships: Casual dating, friendship, romance, long-term relationship
Profile: All singles*
Gender Ratio: 45% male and 55% female*
User Base: 37 million visits/month*
Popularity: Over 10 million premium members worldwide*
User Rating: 4.9/5.0*
Match.com in all sense is the true dating giant for the industry. It extends it’s service to all without any biases. Since its inception, it was quite welcoming to people coming from different races, economical backgrounds, and sexual preferences. It is not your exclusive single parents dating sites, but it has a huge database which increases your probability of finding dates. Its extensive filters let you customize your search to your needs.
- The questionnaire that can help you find a highly compatible match.
- The site announces several offline events for singles to meet and greet, like, bowling nights, wine tasting.
- If you fail to find someone in the first 6 months of paid subscription it will give you another 6-months for free.
- Its 100% free to register and your profile remains always active unless you choose to discontinue it.
Match provides a free trial. You can create an account and check the functionalities of the site without paying anything. You can upgrade or downgrade your membership at any point of time.
Dating for parents can be challenging to begin with. If you are a single parent, make sure you are getting into online dating for the right reasons. According to relationship expert, Baumgartner, getting into the relationship to fill the voids in your life may be better filled in ways other than dating. Expecting getting back into dating to fulfill all your needs is unrealistic. It might even attract people who aren’t right for you.
Baumgartner advises that be in the right mental space before you begin dating. Dating as a single parent is challenging. Take time and go through the above mentioned websites that are exclusive sites for parents without partners. Choose a suitable one for you and give it a try. If you are on budget, we also have free single parent dating sites on our list. If you can't afford to give much time looking at your computer screen, you can try free dating apps for single parents. So, the whole idea is to take action. The first step to find love online is to start looking for that. Sign-up now and start living the life you truly want to live.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best dating site for single parents?
There is not one but several dating sites that have proven to be the best dating site for single parents. All the sites mentioned above have their own expertise and offer different features. Although the top 3 sites, eHarmony, Match, and EliteSingles are not your quintessential single parent dating site, they have the highest success rate.
What should I keep in mind while dating a single parent?
Dating a single is entirely different for dating some with kids. There are some natural pointers to keep in mind before you go ahead in the relationship.
Accept that children come first.
- Don’t try to be the father/mother of their kids.
- Try to have an amicable relationship with their ex.
- Don’t hurry into the relationship.
- Trust and be trustworthy.
- Allow the relationship with kids to develop naturally.
What do single mothers look for in a man?
Contrary to popular beliefs, single moms don't always look for the father to their child. They can be looking for flings and hot dates as well. However, when they are looking for something substantial their whole point of view changes. Some of the key factors that came up while interacting with some of our readers are as follow as:
- Understand that being a single mom is tough.
- They want you to like their kids.
- They know how to handle things alone, but a little help will be appreciated.
- Keep the compliments coming.
- The majority of them will wait until the kids start liking you.
If you think you are a man enough to handle all the above points, then dating a single mom will be a piece of cake. You can also check our exclusive list of top single mom dating sites.