Most Popular Jewish Dating Site
Thousands of Jewish singles flock to visit Jdate every day in search of a perfect Jew date. The niche dating site for Jews was launched in 1997. Its tailored services became instantly popular among the Jews in the U.S.A. The site was designed and created to strengthen the Jewish community and make sure that Jew finds love with people who follow the same cultural heritage. In the past couple of decades, it became one of the largest dating sites for Jews. The majority of their user base is concentrated in the prominent metropolitan centers in the U.S. However, they also have a good membership base internationally.
Jdate has its headquarter in L.A., California. It is one of the most popular Jewish dating websites of Spark Networks, an NYSE listed company under the ticker symbol “LOV.”
Anyone looking to find friends, dates, romance, and life-long partners within the Jewish faith can trust Jdate. You can find all practicing and non-practicing Jews frequently visiting the site. Though the site was conceptualized for single Jew men and women, it allows people from other faiths to join. Because of this, you can meet a diverse group of people. Still, the majority user-base is Jew. If you are looking strictly for a Jew date all you need to do is use simple settings. You can decide only to be connected with Jew singles.
The single Jews on the site belong to Hassidic, Modern Orthodox, Ashkenazi, Sephardic, etc. From following kosher to regular temple attendees to non-practicing ones, you can find all on Jdate. Who knows, you find your beshert among the largest single Jew men and women user-base on this site.
- Unlimited browsing and search once you register.
- Detailed profiles with highlighted stats of a person’s passions, interests, etc.
- Users can add a maximum of six photos.
- Customized list available on dashboard featuring new-users and profiles, with a high match percentage, online users, and users near you.
- Based on your match preferences, it recommends matches, available at The Match.
- Premium members have access to chat features.
- Customer support available seven days a week.
- Reviews every profile and photo manually.
- Detailed online safety guidelines for all users available.
- Premium members can check who viewed and liked their profiles.
- Jlife: An online magazine with lots of insightful blogs about online dating tips for single Jews. The magazine also features success stories of various married Jew couples who found love through Jdate.
- Jdate Events: It lists local events and excursions for Jewish singles. To get the Jew singles to have an offline meeting opportunity, it organizes trips and several events for its members.
- Secret Admirer: A fun feature where you can like a profile, and Jdate will help you determine whether that person likes you back. The feature works when few profiles are suggested by the algorithm, and if you like a profile, you click on the heart, and if not, click on (X).
- Kibitz Corner: The feature provides an opportunity for like-minded people to interact on a common forum. Users can find daily questions on this forum and involve in a conversation between potential matches.
- Tikkun Olam: The word means making the world a better place. Jdate lists various volunteer and religious service opportunities for members who wish to do better in communities.
Registration on the site is absolutely free. However, to access important communication tools, you need to get a premium membership. Currently, it offers 3 premium plans.
|Price per month||
|$29.99||Browse Profiles Free|
There are multiple ways to make payments. The site accepts credit cards, phone payments, and money orders via mail. Memberships are automatically renewed at the end of the subscription cycle.
Ease of use
Jdate is a well-designed and stylish dating platform, that is also available in-app version. Both app and website are extremely easy to use and ensures a pleasant online dating experience. The site has an elegant and clutter-free layout. All the features are in reach and easy to access. All the essential information is available on the dashboard; even the most technologically challenged person can easily use them. Another positive aspect of this Jewish dating site is that you won’t get poked with irritating ads. Overall, the whole dating platform has a simplistic design, allowing all kinds of users to access every feature with ease.
Getting started on Jdate is extremely easy. There are no long and tedious questionnaires. You can create your account with your email id or via Facebook. Do not worry, as it shares nothing on your Facebook account without your permission. You can start by answering simple questions like your name, age, gender, birthdate, zip code. It prompts you to upload at least one picture, which goes as the main picture for your profile. The next step is optional, but we recommend you fill in the details as it increases your possibility to attract suitable matches. You are asked about your physical appearance, marriage history, and other personal information. Next, it asks you about your hobbies. It’s an easy tick box form where you can choose from multiple options. And finally, you need to describe the kind of partner you are looking for. The more details you fill in, the more detailed and customized results you can get. The information you share helps you in getting connected to a suitable match in your area.
The minimalist Jew dating app is designed to help Jewish people find the right match and start dating. However, it offers a limited feature to free members. You can read and respond to premium members' messages. With a free membership, you can send winks and wait for the premium member to respond.
Free members can browse the site in length and breadth. But they can only click on wink to show interest. Premium members have the benefit of searching anonymously. The site has extensive search filters. So, you can customize your search results the way you want.
Verification and security
The customer care team reviews every profile before it goes live on the site. The site has an extremely relaxed atmosphere, but unsavory comments and behavior are not entertained. Even the users can flag the profiles they find suspicious, offensive, or projecting malicious messages. Click on the (…) three dots symbol on the upper right-hand corner. Click on the right category and hit send.
Similarly, you can also report the profiles. If the officials at Jdate find the report correct, they can suspend the account. You can also block the member who is bothering you.
To take your online security one notch higher, the site does not allow the users to share any personal information such as contact details in the description. The site also offers common-sense dating tips to keep both online and offline dating a safe experience.
Pros and Cons
Pros of Jdate
- No irritating advertisements.
- Easy, free, and fast registration.
- Active and participating members.
- Easy interface and user-friendly site and app.
- Detailed profiles that indicate all the necessary details.
- Several success stories from previous users who were able to find love.
- It is the largest Jewish dating site with a substantial user-base spread across the globe.
- You can read and reply to premium members' messages even with free messages.
- Single events are offered both online and offline.
Cons of Jdate
- Allows non-Jewish members to join the site. Single Jewish members who are looking for someone from their own faith might find it challenging.
- Only paid members can use essential communication tools.
- The monthly subscription fee is much higher than the average.
During the 20 plus years as a top Jewish dating website, many singles found Jewish life partners belonging to the same faith and culture. The site has a right mix of traditional Jews, non-practicing ones, and people who are not Jews but interested in dating one. The relaxed atmosphere on the site is definitely a welcoming sign. Moreover, both website and app are straight forward and easy to use interface.
It offers advanced features that are found in any religion-based dating site. The open and laid-back approach may be a bit intimidating for traditional Jew singles. However, it is also a fact that Jdate is responsible for more Jewish marriages than all other Jew dating sites. Whether you are trying to make new friends or trying to meet potential love interests, JDate can help you reach your goal.
The sites and brand name belongs to Spark Network, so you can rest assured that you register to a trustworthy site. The whole dating network of Spark has exceptional customer service and transparent transactions. With Jdate, you can make a genuine connection with genuine people as all accounts are manually verified and checked.
Create a free account and explore that site more and if you think you like it, go ahead and get a premium membership.
Try Jdate Today
Jdate is one of the most famous Jewish dating sites. It is the first choice of Jewish singles who are looking for a like-minded life partner. There are hundreds of success stories by satisfied customers. Sign up today for Jdate free trial.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Jdate?
It is a niche dating site that offers online dating services to Jew singles.
Who owns Jdate?
It is owned and managed by Spark Networks. It is one of the most famous sites of huge dating site network, which has Elite Singles, Zoosk, Silver Singles, and many more. Sparks Network is an NYSE listed company and can be seen under the ticker symbol “LOV.”
Does Jdate allow gay singles?
In 2005, it opened up for gay and lesbians. While registering, you can choose what you are looking for, men or women.
How much does JDate cost?
It currently offers three membership plans based on the duration you choose. The 6-month plan costs $29.99/month, and the 3-month plan costs $44.99/month. The monthly plan they offer is more expensive than the industry average, which is $59.00/month.
As a premium subscriber, you can access the below features:
- Send and receive messages.
- Add a badge to make your profile stand out.
- Enhance privacy control.
- Check read receipts of the messages you send.
- Share photos
How to get Jdate for free?
The site offers free registration. However, to access important communication features, you need to get a premium membership.
Do you have to be Jewish to join date?
The site welcomes all. They are not strict on who joins the site. That is why you may find several non-Jews on the site. You can join for its large user-base and user-friendly dating app.
How to delete the Jdate account?
Log into the Jdate account, then select the “Account” button at the top. On the “Your Account” page, go to “Membership Management,” there is an option to “Remove my Profile” click on it. You will receive a message confirming the removal.
How to browse Jdate without a profile?
The premium members have the option to hide their profiles while searching or browsing through profiles. Apart from that, there is no other option to see the members without creating a verified profile on the site.