Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best dating site for professionals?
There are many dating sites for professionals. eHarmony is by far the best of the lot. There are reasons why:
- It is one of the oldest dating sites, having been founded in 2000 by a professional clinical psychologist. Dr. Neil C. Warren was a marriage counselor too. Hence, the basic foundation of the site was on the right grounds making it the right platform for people to find their soulmates or, at the least, their long-term and serious companions.
- This is one site that does not leave things to fate. The dating site runs a Compatibility Quiz that assesses each individual member in the 360 degrees spectrum – on varied factors pertaining to their beliefs, ideologies, life goals, personality traits, background, education, etc. Based on a detailed analysis that is psychologically and scientifically done using modern-day tech-based algorithms, the test makes partner recommendations which not just makes the work of the user easier but also productive.
- Added to this, this matrimonial site has one of the biggest databases of single professionals who are looking for serious engagements and relationships. And the list is ever-growing, with more and more career-oriented people hopping onto the bandwagon. It is not just a mere few professions that have people subscribed as members. From white-collar jobs and professions to members of different levels of the working and business class, entrepreneurs, etc., can be found on this professional dating website with ease.
- Besides the above, as a paid member of the site, you are privy to many benefits that will only help you in your search to find the right and the best partner. Read the complete review of eHarmony to firm up your decision.
Is there any free professional dating site?
There are multiple free dating sites for professionals. All the big names in the industry like eHarmony, Match.com, OurTume.com, ProfessionalSinglesOnline, EliteSingles, etc., are all free to join. This means that you do not have to pay any joining fee whatsoever while registering or joining the site. In most cases, the registration is free of cost, which allows the user to access the site’s basic features, navigate and familiarize themselves with the site offerings, and judge the potential of the dating platform to meet their expectations.
A majority of these sites mentioned above have a paid version too. By becoming a paid member, you can access all the locked features in a basic or free membership plan. And, to say the least, these features introduce to another level in the dating world. You can access the member database freely, look up photos, contact and send messages to people you are interested in, and so on. Not just this, once you become a premium member, the risks of spam and being targeted by fake identities are minimal. So paid dating sites have their own benefits.
Before signing up, though, it is highly advised that you read the complete review of the site/app and then make a choice.
What are the best dating apps for successful professionals?
Some of the best and the top dating apps for professionals and career-serious people are:
You can read the reviews of each of these sites that will help you choose the most appropriate one for you.
Is dating a co-worker unprofessional?
The answer to this question is not a simple yes or no. Dating a co-worker is right or wrong depends to a great extent on the HR policies of your company. If you are working for an organization that has no problems with the personal relationships you share with your co-workers, provided your professional commitments are met 100%, then it is fabulous to date a co-worker.
This is because there are a lot of pros when you are seeing or living with a person from your peer group. In most cases, the couple knows each other pretty well, have similar interests, you get to spend a lot of time together – in the office and outside, and you could be more productive at work because of the adrenalin rush with having him/her around.
However, if the HR policy is strict about the romance between co-workers, it may not be a good thing to start a relationship till one of you leaves the organization. Besides, when you date a co-worker, there are always risks associated with over-familiarization. To top it off, there could be jealousy, rivalry, conflicts, disputes, etc., arising due to the competitive nature of your work and the workplace culture.
The crux is that you need to know what will work and won’t work. A lot of it will be your gut feeling. You can also speak to friends, family, and your immediate peer group and take their help. Besides the workplace legalities, ensure that your work never suffers and all your dealings are professional so that there are no issues later.
How do you date professionally?
Dating as a professional committed to your work can be a bit of a challenge. These are some of the tips to date professionally:
- Self-analyze your dating goals. Is it for a causal relationship, one-night stand, a serious relationship, an extra-marital affair, and so on? This will help keep things sorted and also support you in finding the right person to date.
- Instead of keeping things haywire and haphazard, start getting organized in your work and with personal commitments. Once you have a planner, you can schedule both appropriately without mixing up the two.
- Start the dating game with casual relationships. This will give you time to get used to managing your professional and personal life. Once you have a better hold on both sides of your life, you can look at serious personal commitments.
- Use online dating services to prevent yourself from wasting time in finding the right match. Platforms like eHarmony use Compatibility Quizzes to find you matches that are almost exact to what you are looking for.
- Try not to miss your dates – lunches, dinners, movies, events, etc. At such times, be present in the moment, keep your mobile phones out, and focus on the person in front of you.
- Be prepared for the date and try to make the most out of the opportunity.
Are professional matchmakers worth the money?
Professional matchmakers can make a difference and help you find the special one more optimally. They curate customized services depending on your individual needs and goals. However, not all professional matchmakers can deliver the best results. Depending completely on them may not be productive. Hence, try online dating sites where you have access to a much larger gamut of choices. If you still need to go to a professional matchmaker, make sure that they are credible and enjoy favorable reviews from past customers.