World’s largest and highly trusted dating website
|Ease of Use||
|Value for $||
Match is undoubtedly one of the most trusted and best rated online dating sites. Match.com is the preferred choice of several million people, thanks to its unique features, excellent mobile app, and efficient customer support team.
Founded in 1993, it has been there for over 20 years now, which makes it a leading name in the matchmaking industry. Since its inception, the people behind this dating site were able to maintain an excellent service record. It is a very well-managed website and has quality member profiles, which are verified. It is proven by several statistics that this dating giant has facilitated more marriages and relationships than any other online dating app or website in the USA.
To get started you can join it for free and explore its various features. However, only a premium plan will help you enjoy all its perks. You can download match app from your Play Store, App Store or go on their website and begin your search for that special someone.
Here is everything you want to know about Match.com. Take a closer look and explore all the features.
- Well-guided and step-by-step registration process. The users are required to fill a detailed questionnaire.
- To speed up the process you can sign-up through your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, etc. It syncs with your social media profile and derives the necessary information.
- You can upload up to 26 photos on your profile.
- The site and app are super easy to navigate.
- You can express your interest in other members via wink or likes.
- Chatroom facility is only for premium paying members.
- All members receive 7 matches daily, which are based on your criteria, personality analysis, and compatibility.
- Discover section on the website helps you further refine your search results based on distance, age, interests, looks, and lifestyles.
(most of these features require Match premium subscription)
- Reverse Match: Many a times, people find connections with other people they are least compatible with. Match.com also understands this, therefore they have come up with this unique feature. With the help of this feature, members can browse through the list of profiles that were rejected by algorithm due to non-compatibility to your profile. The list shows the profiles that are not compatible with you. You can browse through this and choose to chat with selected profiles. This is more like taking matters in your hands.
- Boost: Boost is a premium service where you pay an extra amount to boost your profile. If you are ready to pay a bit extra, then this dating service will favor you by giving your profile a preference on “Matches suggestions” and “Discover results.”
- MatchPhone: Sharing your contact information to someone is not that safe, especially to an unknown person whom you meet on an online dating website. Thus, Match provides you a secure way to chat, talk and text with another user without exchanging any personal communication information.
- MatchMe: Slightly different from boost, this feature enables you to be on the top of the suggestions for a preferred member profile. It is a paid feature, where you pay only for the number of profiles you choose.
- Dating guarantee: If you fail to find a match in the first six-month of membership, it offers you another 6 months-membership completely free.
Ease of use
Match.com is now available in 12 languages and has a prominent presence in more than 50 countries. Hassel-free layout and easy navigation make it very user-friendly. By following an easy signup process, you can start your search for a compatible partner.
The following are the steps to use this site.
Sign-up: Creating a profile on Match is not tiresome. You need to provide basic information such as email, birthday, state, country, gender, sexual orientation, etc. While signing up there is an option where you can choose your preference as LGBTQ, if you belong to the community. For quick sign up you can also log in through your social media profiles like Facebook.
This dating site also offers a free trial period so you can check whether it is worthful to spend money on a premium plan. Your initial profile creation will require you to answer 30 open-ended questions like About me, etc. The next step is to upload a profile picture. Once your profile is done, you are all good to go to search for a prospective love of your life via website or app.
Search and making contact: Match search filters are exhausting. There are various filters based on age, location, interests, religion, single parent, etc. For people who are extremely picky will not be disappointed as there are some options like hair, eye color, etc. Sending a personal message is a paid feature. However, you can express your interest in the member by using some fun features like a wink or hit like on their profile. Premium members have more options. They can use special features like MatchPhone and MatchMe to break the queue and contact the member directly.
Verification process: In an ode to make the online dating experience a bit more secure, this dating giant has introduced an innovative verification process that increases the credibility of your account. When users log in through their valid social media accounts, it gives you a verification batch. Also, a special mention on your profile that you are verified by Facebook, Twitter or email.
Pros and Cons
Pros of Match.com
- A credible site with a huge user base spread in over 50 countries.
- Constantly evolving search algorithms that suggest better matches every day.
- Extensive search options powered with a variety of search tools.
- Fun ways to interact with your interests such as a wink, yes-rating, liking, and adding profiles to the favorite list. Moreover, all this for free.
- New functions and features added and upgraded frequently.
- More success stories than any other online dating service.
- Unique and secured features like MatchPhone, which enables users to have a secure conversation with their match without disclosing a personal contact number.
- The choice to send your profile to any of the sister dating sites like OkCupid and Tinder, which increases your chances of finding a match.
- Regularly organized Events that enable you to meet more prospective dates face to face.
- Excellent customer support—readily available via live chats and emails. They have a commendable service rapport.
Cons of Match.com
- All the features make it more complicated than easy for people who are new to online dating.
- The site takes some time before they approve an account, so you cannot just sign up and start browsing.
- The free version has nothing much to offer, for increasing your chances to find a date you will have to go premium.
- Privacy mode is a benefit that is limited to paid members.
Whether you are new to the online dating or old, you will come across Match.com at least once. It is unarguably the most recognizable name in the online dating world. After acquiring Tinder, OkCupid, and Chemistry.com; Match became one of the biggest online dating networks. Being the early entrant it has seen all kinds of trends in the industry. It is their team's continuing optimization process which has made them the most preferred choice of online dating platform.
Match can bring millions of suitable matches at your fingertips. Whether you go for the desktop version or mobile app, it makes sure that you get a perfect online dating experience. You may find plenty of free dating websites, but we assure you, that you will eventually end up joining Match.
No dating site is immune to scammers, Match also had its share of controversies and serial killers on board long back. Since those incidents it has done a commendable job in promptly removing them. However, we suggest you still use caution when you go on your first date and take all the necessary precautions. This goes for all the people you meet on any online dating sites.
To sum it up, if you are seriously considering leaving your single status behind you, and you can afford the subscription costs of Match.com, then stop looking any further.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Match.com worth it?
The site is definitely worth your time and money. It has facilitated many more dates and marriages in the USA than any other site. Whatever is your expectation from online dating, this dating site is a great platform to explore it without experiencing any discrimination. The large user base of Match.com is another attractive factor that makes it one of the most promising dating sites. The dating app is loaded with tons of exciting features and tools that bring the fun quotient to online dating. No doubt, it is one of the best dating sites.
Is Match.com legit?
The simple answer here is Yes. The site has been around much longer than any other dating site. Founded in 1995 as a single dating site, the Match.com family has grown to a large group consisting of several internationally acclaimed dating sites. The site is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC (InterActive Corp).
Is Match safe?
The site has numerous safety features including 24/7 customer support. Safety is one of the greatest concerns when you think about online dating. The team behind Match also understands this, that’s why they ensure that you use their services without worrying about getting scammed. To take your security a few notches up, the site also encourages its users to report and block suspicious and fraudulent profiles. If you are first-timer, then we suggest you go through the blogs on the site which gives you online safety tips. These articles will help you to use your good judgment while making decisions online.
Who owns Match.com?
Match.com is owned and operated by IAC (InterActive Corp). Match group is a conglomerate of several popular dating sites like OkCupid, Tinder, OurTime, etc. According to venturebeat.com the whole group caters to 59 million monthly users and has the largest number of paid subscribers.
What is Match.com success rate?
Different sources claim various data about the success rate of Match.com. The one that was the most convincing is Telegraph UK. According to The Telegraph, the site is responsible for over 517,000 relationships, which lead to 92,000 marriages and is responsible for 1 million babies.
Is Match.com free?
Match.com allows its users to register to the site at absolutely free of cost. It even runs some of the promotional ads where they offer 7-day free trials. With a typical free membership, you can browse and search the site, use plenty of features, and even respond to the messages by other paid members. However, to unlock other strong communication tools like message or chat you need to upgrade your plan.
How much does Match cost?
The site offers 4 plans. The match.com prices are as follow as:
12 months -> $15.99
6 months -> $ 17.99
3 months -> $19.99
1 month -> $35.99
How to use Match.com without paying?
The site offers free trials once in a while. You can start by utilizing that opportunity. However, you can register on the site for free anytime you want and use the features available.
How to view Match.com without signing up?
The site has strict safety and security features. Unless you create a profile, it is not possible to view any user profiles. Even if you create an account, it will take 24 hours for your account to get activated. However, there is no reason for you to not register on the site if you genuinely want to give online dating a try. The site uses strict safety and security measures, to keep all your information private. Moreover, if you think it's not worth your time and effort, feel free to delete your profile.
How does Match.com work?
You start by creating a profile on the site by following a simple sign up process. The site has a questionnaire that helps you to understand your preferences better. Based on that the site suggests you daily matches. However, you don’t have to wait for that. You can take the matters in your hand and start browsing the site by using their search filters. Once you like a profile you can send the users a direct message or winks to express your interest. If the interest is mutual you can go ahead and start chatting and exchanging messages.
How to use Match.com effectively?
Though sound easy, online dating also requires time and effort from the users. To ace the online dating game on Match.com, you need to put in effort to create a smashing profile that grabs attention instantly. While filling up the questionnaire try to be as true as possible. You do not want your dates to come with false pretense and get disappointed.
What are yes ratings on Match?
When someone click “liked” on your profile, it forms your “Yes rating”. It is simply a way to know how many people have liked your profile. It also helps you to let someone know that you are interested in their profile.
How is Match.com for gay dating?
Match.com has been a LGBTQ supporting site from its inception. They do not discriminate people based on race, age, or sexual orientation. You will find various success stories on their website from gay and lesbian couples who found their partner via this site.
What is reverse match on Match.com?
Reverse Match is a fun feature that returns matches who are looking for someone just like you. Go on your search result and click on the reverse match. The search results will display a list of users who are looking for someone like you.
How to block someone on Match.com?
Every user has a block option on their profile. Simply click on the 3-dot icon on the top right of the profile and select block.
Can my Match.com profile be private?
Yes, you can choose to go private by selecting the private mode. This feature will allow only those people to view your profile with whom you had communicated in the past. However, this is a privilege only available to premium members. You can purchase this feature while buying your subscription.
What does hidden profile mean on Match?
When a user chooses to hide his/her profile, it becomes a hidden profile. There can be several reasons to hide a profile. If someone wants to take a break from online dating but wants to keep the profile, he/she can hide the profile.
How to cancel Match subscription?
- Log in to your account from a computer.
- Go to “My account settings” by clicking on your profile photo at the top-right hand corner of any Match page.
- Click “manage my subscription”.
- Confirm your login details and click “Continue the cancellation”.
- You will be asked a few questions. Ensure that you click through to complete the renewal cancellation until you see your cancellation confirmed.
- Click on “Return” to go back to the site and you should see the end date for your subscription under “Manage my subscription”. Make sure you also receive the confirmation email.
How to delete Match profile?
If you have paid subscription you will have to first cancel your subscription and then move to delete your account.
To delete your account, access “My account settings” by clicking on your profile photo at the top-right of the page. Once there, scroll down to the ‘Suspend your account’ link on the left. Then click ‘To cancel your account, click here’, and follow the instructions. ‘Suspending’ your account lets you reactivate it in future – make sure you select ‘Delete’ instead if you want it to go forever.