If you are in a hurry and looking for the best dating site for single moms, we recommend eHarmony.
Being a single mom is not an easy feat. Who knows it better than the one reading it right now? Finding love while nurturing and providing for your child can be intimidating. A million questions run through your mind.
Am I ready for a new beginning?
How do I explain to my kids that I need a companion?
How to strike a balance between parenting and love life?
Where do I find a match who can empathize with a single parent?
Having doubts and apprehensions is natural. But you also must remind yourself that your entity is not limited to being a mother. You are also an individual with dreams and desires. You deserve the happiness and companionship of someone who compliments your life.
Thankfully, various mainstream and single parent dating sites can help single moms find an appropriate match. No matter whether you are looking for a long-term relationship or marriage, or just a casual fling, single moms can have anything they desire at the tap of their fingers.
However, it is always better to prepare and know which sites offer the best services to meet your demands and match your preferences. Here's a list of the Top 10 best dating sites for single mums.
Top 10 Dating Websites for Single Moms
Relationships: Long term, serious and deep relationships
Profile: All singles*
Gender Ratio: 51% male and 49% female*
User Base: 4.2 million visits/month*
Popularity: Over 9 million active users worldwide*
User Rating: 4.8/5.0*
A prominent mainstream dating website, eHarmony is a leading platform catering to people looking for a long-term committed relationship. Though it is not an exclusive single mom dating site, you can still find a match. eHarmony understands how valuable your time is and suggests you matches in tune with your preferences.
eHarmony is well known for its quality dating pool. So, you can be sure to connect with people who are looking for meaningful relationships. The chances are high that you will connect to a partner who can understand your situation and feelings. This makes eHarmony one of the best dating apps for single moms.
- This site uses technology and psychology to match people. The patented multi-dimensional personality assessment test identifies the type of person you are and the kind of partner you want.
- Based on the comprehensive personality test, the matching algorithm recommends the potential matches.
- The site boasts of its superior communication features. The users can initiate a conversation with the match using pre-written messages, complimentary greetings, and sending smiles and winks to show interest. It also offers a special free communication weekend for the primary members.
- As a paid subscriber, if you aren't satisfied with the matches suggested by the site, your subscription gets extended for three more months for free.
- The pandemic has led to adding the video dating feature, which has become extremely popular.
With its excellent personality test, a proprietary algorithm for compatibility assessment, exclusive communication features, and multiple search filters, this site leads your heart on the right path to finding love again.
Just Single Parents
Just Single Parents, the name says it all. It is an ideal dating site designed exclusively for single parents. Raising a child single-handed is an arduous task. Only the one who has been in the same shoe can empathize and understand a single parent's daily struggle. Thus, you are allowed to create an account only when you have a child.
Just Single Parents understands the hustle in the life of a single mom. Thus, they have designed the site to the best of their capacity to reduce the dating burden off your shoulders and find a match from your home's comfort.
- All the profiles are checked, thus ensuring a safe and secure dating environment for its members.
- The site is LGBT friendly. It understands a parent cannot be discriminated based on its gender and sexual orientation.
- An advanced search filter derives the most compatible matches based on the preferences about age, location, body type, interest, values, and ethics.
- Some of its cool features include online magazines on dating and relationships, predictions based on horoscope, and astrological information related to your planetary positions.
Just Single Parents is an outstanding dating platform for single moms seeking a long-term relationship with a single parent.
Single Parent Match
Single Parent Match claims to be “the world's first and best dating site for single moms and dads.” Single parenting is not easy by a long shot, and the last thing any single mom wants to worry about is online dating.
The site not only strives to find a connection for you but also becomes a source of your learning and sharing experience. Being the oldest single parent dating site on the block, it boasts some pretty unique and remarkable features.
- The dating site provides an enriching experience. Members have access to various blogs, articles, news, advice, and tips related to parenting, dating, and relationships.
- The site provides you with first date ideas and facilitates online chatting, joining the forums, and sending video messages.
- The dating site has strict safety standards, thus restricting the scammers and fake profiles.
- Members can join the site for free, but a paid subscription is also very much affordable. The site is worth every penny spent.
- The website also has a dedicated iOS and android app to optimize the user experience.
Only a single parent can understand the sentiments and responsibility of a single mom towards her kids. This site helps single moms find matches they can relate to an emotional and mental level.
Mums Date Dads
Mums Date Dads is a UK based dating site for single parents. However, it has an international reach. Single mothers and fathers seek companionship to fill the void created by the absence of a partner.
Juggling and struggling to play multiple roles together, single moms have very little time to find and begin a relationship with someone sailing in the same boat. Mums Date Dads have a customized matchmaking tool that enables members to find the right kind of person that fits your criteria in the minimum possible time.
- A straight forward sign up process, unlimited browsing through the profiles, various communication tools, basic and advanced searches are some standard features offered by the site.
- Dating diaries is one distinguishing feature of this site. The dating diaries serve to develop a bond and sense of community with other members on the site.
- Members can create and view video profiles, use video chats, and send instant messages to connect with other members.
- All the member profiles are checked and verified, eliminating all the fraudulent profiles.
Mums Date Dads uses a different approach to single parent dating. The site encourages single parents to create a blended family. If you are a single mom, who finds it reassuring to date a man with kids, this website is the best place for you.
Local Single Moms
A dating site, particularly for single moms, is one of the coolest things we have come across. Local Single Moms helps the busy single moms to meet local single parents at their convenience, without investing much time and money to join. Let yourself go and give romance a chance.
- The verified profiles on the site prove the authenticity of the members.
- The site offers voice and video chats, not limiting the communication to instant messages, emails, winks, and smiles.
- This site is only for people interested in long term relationships and marriages, so you won't find people wasting your time.
The quick and easy sign-up process, safety precautions, reasonable costs, and proximity of the matches make it one of the best dating sites for single moms to find love again without going too far.
Single Parent Meet
Single Parent Meet is a sister site of Match.com. People Media operates this dating site. It is one of the largest dating services for single parents looking for love online. Your chances of meeting a single parent on this site are very high because thousands of new profiles are added every day to its already large userbase.
- The site has partnered with care.com. So, if you fix a date, you can find a baby sitter easily.
- Registration on the site is free and uncomplicated. You can customize your profile by keeping it either descriptive or curt. You can also upload an audio or video version of yourself.
- Promote me is a distinct premium feature on this site. It gives your profile increased visibility and a place on the top search results.
- An LGBT friendly website, single parents belonging to both genders and sexual orientation can connect via chatrooms
- The site lets you send virtual gifts to your matches.
- The App version of this site is available on both Apple and Android.
- The site provides guidelines and safety tips to meet offline.
- Without giving out their personal contact information, the members can call or text one another through a feature called Connect Me.
Single parents share a lot of commonalities. Single Parent Meet is one such site that lets single moms find single fathers who share the same perspective.
Formerly known as AYI (Are You Interested), FirstMet is a celebrated dating site. It has been featured in various publications and has made a mark for itself in the online dating industry. With a user base of 30 million people, it is one of the largest dating services. You can sign up on this site through Facebook or email id, thus authenticating the profile.
- Apple and Android apps help to connect with the users on this site anywhere.
- An all-inclusive site, FirstMet allows gays and lesbians to find their match.
- It is free to join and easy to use.
Thought it is a mainstream dating site, it helps single moms find suitable connections because of the vast pool of users and accurate search filters.
Let us start by bursting the myth, “all the good men are taken.” No, they are not. Some of them are widowed, separated, divorced, or never married. OurTime is an exclusive dating site for senior singles (singles in their fifties). This niche dating site forges romantic connection and friendship amongst mature individuals, based on their life experiences, lifestyle, background, interests, values, and beliefs.
- The website is straightforward and user-friendly. It provides a step-by-step guideline to those who are not tech-savvy.
- A detailed profile of the users provides all the required information.
- Our time uses various verification tools to ensure all the fake profiles, scammers, spammers, and suspicious profiles are blocked, providing a safe and secure dating environment for its users.
- Our time orchestrates various events at different places where local members meet, mingle, and take things forward.
- The numerous search filters like age range, religion, distance, ethnicity, physical appearance, marital status, and areas of interest help find the most compatible match.
Whether you seek love, marriage, friendship, or casual connection, OurTime is undoubtedly the best dating site for mature single moms to find age-appropriate matches.
Relationships: Serious committed relationships
Profile: All singles*
Gender Ratio: 43% male and 57% female*
User Base: 2 million visits/month*
Popularity: 82% members are university educated*
User Rating: 4.7/5.0*
This sophisticated dating site caters to academically accomplished and affluent people looking for a serious long-term relationship. EliteSingles is a premium site that facilitates finding a match whose educational, financial, and social background matches yours. The membership is a bit pricey, but the site's fantastic features are worth the price paid.
- The most noticeable feature of this site is the safety and privacy that it offers to its users. The fraud detection system weeds out the fake profiles by authenticating the identity and manually verifying its profiles.
- Blogs by esteemed relationship experts, psychologists, and life coaches enlighten the members on various relationships and dating topics.
- The comprehensive questionnaire assesses the users' personalities, preferences, and interests and matches them daily to the most compatible professional singles. The premium members get 20 extra matches every day.
- The site has an app for iOS and Android to help the busy bees find dates on the go.
Though this is not your quintessential single mother dating site, EliteSingles is the best platform for educated and ambitious single moms to find eligible single professionals. The simple interface, easy sign-up process, meticulous matching system, a dedicated team, and global reach of the site ensures that you have a great experience while finding “the one” on this premium site.
Relationships: Casual dating, friendship, romance, long-term relationship
Profile: All singles*
Gender Ratio: 45% male and 55% female*
User Base: 37 million visits/month*
Popularity: Over 10 million premium members worldwide*
User Rating: 4.9/5.0*
Match.com is one of the oldest matchmaking sites. Though it is not designed primarily for single mothers, you can count on this mainstream dating site to find a compatible match. It is one of the few LGBTQ friendly dating sites, with an expansive database.
Match.com has assisted and witnessed numerous first dates, relationships, marriages, and even babies in the last two decades.
- It offers free registration and trial period. You can subscribe to escalate your search for a potential match.
- The in-depth questionnaire helps the site handpick the most compatible matches based on your profile, interests, and preferences.
- It offers some exclusive features like a mutual match and a reverse match. Mutual Match shows you profiles that match your specifications. In contrast, Reverse Match shows you profiles of users who are looking for someone like you.
- The dating site organizes match events; a casual meet up for members to mingle with their potential matches.
- Match.com provides badge to the member who verifies their account by connecting with social media accounts.
Match.com lives up to your expectations, whether you are looking for short term or long-term relationships. The incredible features, simplistic design, seamless navigation through the site, and countless stories of successful romantic matches make it one of the best places for single mothers to find love again.
A single mom is a superhero in a real sense. It requires twice the work. Please take a bow for all that you are doing. Dating as a single mother has its own set of hurdles and challenges. It is also a bit complicated as it’s not just about you but also about your little ones.
Online dating is now a normal way to find a partner. It provides you with an opportunity to look for romantic matches from the comfort of your home. It also facilitates communication with the matches without meeting them in person. But before you jump the wagon, spare some time to understand how each of the above dating sites works and what they have to offer. Wisely select the one that suits you the best and take the first step into the new chapter of your life.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best dating site for a single mom?
There are various dating sites for single moms that foster long-term and short-term relationships, marriage, friendship, and casual flings. Each site serves a different purpose.
The best dating site may differ for each individual depending on what features they value the most. For some, it may be safety, security, and privacy. For others, it can be a comprehensive profile and advanced search filters. A few technologically challenged ones may be looking for ease of use. So, one cannot pronounce exactly which is the best dating site for a single mom.
All the sites mentioned above are the top dating websites for single mothers in their own right. However, based on the success rate, eHarmony, Match.com and EliteSingles top the chart. The huge success rate of eHarmony makes it one of the most trusted dating sites for serious relationships.
Is it hard to date a single mom?
Yes, it's no cakewalk; dating a single mom can be challenging. But it depends on you, how you deal with it.
Dating a single mom has its own set of obstacles and struggles, and trust us when we say this, it's not going to be easy. You can take a reality check before you are ready to take a plunge into the relationship.
Some of the reasons why it is hard to date a single mom are –
- Dating a single mother can be emotionally draining at times. When she cancels the date or aborts your big plans because her kids need her, you feel abandoned, and it is a terrible feeling.
- You always have the second place in her priority list, the first one being her kids. You may envy her kids and consider them a rival. You have to fight for her time and attention.
- Single moms with kids have to deal with several unforeseen and unprecedented situations. You have to give up your plans and make other sacrifices to make the relationship work.
- When you date a single mom, her kids also become a part of your life. Knowingly or unknowingly, you start co-parenting them. Problems arise when you are not on the same page with her on parenting style and discipline tactics.
- You may feel a little sad when the single mom you are dating doesn't introduce you to her kids or keep the relationship under wraps. But remember, she is the mother and knows the best what and when to tell her kids the truth. Till then, you are anonymous to those little humans who mean the world to her. We don't deny that it's hard to live in the shadows when you wish to shout and tell the world that you have found the love of your life.
- You may or may not like the kids (in general or specifically her kids). So, no matter how much you like her, she can never be yours minus her kids.
So, yes, dating a single mom is a tough job. If you are not ready for the commitment, sacrifices, and compromises, maybe it's not your cup of tea.
What should I keep in mind while dating a single mom?
The kids are a part of the package when you date a single mom, and so is the past relationship's baggage. Few things you should keep in mind while dating a single mom are –
- You have to struggle to carve out your place in the life of her kids. It may take some time; you got to be patient and understanding. No matter how wonderful a person you are, the kids may initially show some hostility for various reasons. It takes time and effort. They ultimately come around and embrace you to be a part of their life.
- You have to accept that her kids are her priority. The happiness and well-being of her kids mean the world to her. If she ever has to choose, she will select her kids over you in a heartbeat. Ensure you understand this pretty well and never give her a chance to choose between her kids and you. Because if you do, you will undoubtedly lose.
- In between making a living and raising her kids, she must really like you if she is spending time with you. Appreciate her for what she is and make each moment you spend with her count.
- Be ready to be a hands-on parent. Her kids are a part of her flesh and blood, and she loves them to death. But it takes a big heart to love someone's kids like your own. You cannot not like the kids and love the mother. There are no two ways there where you pick one and leave the other.
- Set the boundaries when the kids are around. Being around all the time or getting intimate and cozy in the kids' presence can make them uncomfortable. You may even lose respect for your cheesy demeanor.
- She may not always be able to keep her promise of meeting you or texting and calling back. She may also cancel or change plans. Be understanding and supportive when she has a hard time. Parenting is a stressful job; don't add to her woes by expecting too much. Try to be consistent in your efforts to make the relationship work. Keep doing little things to show her you care. Appreciate her sacrifices and respect her for all that she is doing to the best of her capacity.
- Be honest about your feelings for her and the kids. Despite her busy schedule, if she invests her time to be with you, she expects some commitment. If you don't feel the same way, let her know that you are not into it for the long haul. Do not play games with her.
- Don't try to replace the father's place in her child's life. Let your bond with the kids grow organically. Don't try too hard, and don't give up either. Be true to yourself and them. In the end, things work out well if your intentions are genuine.
- The lady you love is not some damsel in distress. Don't assume yourself to be her knight in shining armor. A single mother is brave enough to fight a thousand battles for herself and her child. All she wants from you is love and companionship to sail through the tide. She doesn't expect you to be her savior. So, don't act like one.
- If you intend to marry her, brace yourself to be a parent first.
How do you successfully date a single mom?
You like someone smart, confident, strong, and beautiful. You fall head over heels for her. You ask her out. She agrees, and that's how every dating story starts. But there is a catch when that someone you like is a single mother. That's when the dynamics of dating change. Dating a single mom is a different ball game altogether.
When you date a single mom, you have to understand the value of her time. You have to be honest and earn her trust. You have to put in double the efforts to make the relationship work.
Things you should do to date a single mom successfully –
- Understand the difference between dating a single mom and dating a single woman.
- Acknowledge that the kids are her top priority. The little humans in her life are not your competitors. Learn to co-exist with the kids and enjoy your share of her love and affection.
- Don't try to be a father to the kids. Follow her lead when it comes to parenting.
- Support and encourage her while she is trying to repair herself mentally and emotionally. If there is any trouble with her ex, neither get overly involved nor be oblivious to it.
- Don't rush into things; take one step at a time, be calm and patient, and let her reciprocate your feelings when she is ready. Develop mutual trust and respect before you take things forward.
- Be a good listener. Lend her an ear when she is ready to speak about all her bottled-up emotions. Don't give solutions and advice; all she wants is to be heard.
- Give her your time and support. Child care drains her emotionally, physically, mentally, and financially. Help her without making her feel weak and vulnerable. Encourage her and remind her she is doing a great job and you are proud of her.
- Don't break her trust when she believes in you with all her heart. Be honest in the relationship and loyal to her.
- Developing a bond with the kids is a tricky part. Be natural. Don't try to be someone you are not to make the kids like you. You cannot always pretend. Become a friend to them and not a father figure.
Do single moms find love again?
Yes, single moms can find love again. A plethora of dating sites designed especially for single parents and success stories of single moms finding love again proves the same.
Being single doesn't mean that you are lonely; it just means you are resting your heart until it's ready to love again. Don't force yourself to join the dating sites or go on blind dates if you don't want to.
Don't let your friends and relatives make you believe how miserable you are without a partner. You certainly feel a void when you don't have someone to fall back on. But that doesn't mean you rush into things. Take things slowly. When you set out to find love again, keep the following things in mind-
- Be sure if you are ready to find love and happiness outside of your children. Don't show resistance or hold yourself. Do it at your convenience and pace.
- Venture into the world of online dating. Many dating sites offer a safe and secure dating environment, efficient services, and aid in finding a potential compatible match for a long- or short-term relationship.
- Do things that make you happy and feel great. Follow your passion, pick up a hobby, reconnect with friends, join groups, and learn about single parenting. When you feel and look miserable, you find pity in the eyes of people. But if you are glowing and happy within, you attract them. Attracting and alluring someone to your personality is a sure shot way to find a romantic connection.
- Set your priorities right. Don't let your motherly instinct make you give up your dating life. Similarly, don't let your dating life take precedence over your kids.
- Be proud of yourself and who you are. There is nothing to be ashamed of being a single mother. Be honest, and tell it with pride in your eyes because it takes a lot of strength to be a single mom. When you join a dating site, mention in your profile that you are a single mom; if you meet anyone in person, tell them beforehand how you love your kids and are proud to raise them alone. It takes a man with a heart of gold to love and accept a single mom. Till then, do not lose faith.
Most importantly, shout out to the universe, send positive energy, and be ready to receive love with open arms. Be grateful for all that you have, all you overcame, and all the better things coming your way.