eHarmony for Seniors
Dating over 50 and 60
It's a common belief that the online dating pool for elderly singles has been exhausted over time. However, this is far from the truth. According to Pew Research, 16% of senior singles are on dating sites and apps. More seniors are now going online to find friends, partners, lovers, and like-minded people.
Traditional online dating can be challenging for even young singles. Thus, it is natural for non-so-tech-savvy seniors to feel a bit intimidated by online dating over 60. A little bit of apprehension is common, which mainly arises from several scam and catfishing cases we hear all the time. Moreover, the tedious task of profile creation and using search filters can be off-putting.
eHarmony for senior dating can be the ultimate solution for all the problems mentioned above. The site offers a scientific match-making system that promises to find at least one perfect love partner for you. The site has been around since 2000 and has proven its worth over the past couple of decades. It played an instrumental role in 4% of the USA and UK's new marriages at one point in time. It has over 20 million registered users, and a substantial percentage have been senior singles.
eHarmony works in a very scientific way. It has forced the entire online dating industry to look at the match-making process from a scientific perspective. By Using time-tested match-making tools, its dating sites and apps provide the best match for all age groups.
The site was founded in 2000 by Dr. Neil Clark Warren, a clinical psychologist. The algorithm that he formulated from his years of experience is the core of the site. It connects people based on background, personalities, and life goals. It prefers to identify as a serious online dating service where most members seek serious relationships. You read right! No casual business here.
Let's review the site and know how it can help people in the silver years to find love and more. You can also compare eHarmony vs Match, and eHarmony vs Zoosk, but ultimately you will find that nothing can beat this world's most trusted dating site. For a detailed review of the site, click here.
Take a closer look and explore all the features this site offers.
- 32-dimensional match-making system based on personality.
- Video calling without sharing personal contact details lets you plan a virtual date before it happens in IRL.
- No search features, as the algorithm suggests the matches. It prevents you from endless browsing and saves time. Moreover, it keeps your search focused.
- With a premium membership, you can view any profile and photos and send messages.
- Automated chat function that helps you as ice breakers.
- Advice forums that guide you about online dating.
- Both app and website have a well-guided dashboard.
Several special features make eHarmony for Seniors a unique and enjoyable experience.
- What if: You can use this feature to view 30 additional profiles other than your match suggests. The feature lets you have better control over your online dating scene.
- Personality Based Report: Every person who creates a profile on eHarmony has to go through a series of questions. The questionnaire forms the foundation for the match-making process. Your answers also help develop a customized personality-based report called Book of You.
- RelyId: A particular verification method called RelyID helps other users know that your profile is real. This Special Profile badge comes with a premium price, but it enhances the credibility of your profile. The process is straightforward. You just need to respond to 5 personal questions to confirm that it’s your account.
- Special free subscription: If you fail to find a match in the first 3 months, eHarmony provides another 3 months of free subscription.
How much will eHarmony cost you?
Contrary to the popular notion of eHarmony being an expensive dating site, it justifies its high cost with its excellent service and sophisticated matching tools. eHarmony cost depends on the duration of membership you choose. The premium memberships are offered in 6, 12 and 24-month plans and packages. People who choose a longer duration plan are generally awarded a discount.
|Premium Light||6 Months||$65.90 per month||Browse profiles for free|
|Premium Plus||12 Months||$45.90 per month||Browse profiles for free|
|Premium Extra||24 Months||$35.90 per month||Browse profiles for free|
You can choose a variety of payment options. You can either pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express), debit cards (Visa or MasterCard) or through PayPal.
You can also choose the 3-day test drive option, and if you're not happy with it, you can always ask for a full refund. eHarmony for seniors costs the same as other plans; there are no special plans for seniors.
Ease of using the eHarmony app and sites
The site and app have a simple and hassle-free user interface. The minimalistic design is ideal for senior singles. The clean design saves time and helps you navigate features easily.
- Sign up: The site has a lengthy registration process which comprises 150 questionnaires. It is the essential hard work that helps you connect with perfect dates. You can expect all kinds of questions, from basic everyday ones to psychological ones. If you find it difficult, you can always contact customer service, they may suggest hiring a personal account manager to help you through the process. and get premium service. The service does not come for free; you may be charged for it.
- Search and Making Contacts: The 32-dimensional match-making algorithm dictates how the whole process of registering, finding, and matching happens. When you hit the submit button, the mathematical algorithm starts working for you. Unlike other dating sites, you do not need to go through the tedious process of filtering thousands of profiles and browsing hundreds later. All users receive match suggestions daily in their inbox, and you can choose to pursue or leave them and wait for the next suggestion list. You can contact your prospective date by sending smiles or using pre-set selections of questions for ice-breakers.
- Verification Process: Your safety is a top priority. There are multiple safety features to protect your personal and financial data. If the lengthy questionnaire is not a deterrent enough, the site has a two-step system to filter out imposters, spam and bots.
Pros and Cons of eHarmony Senior Dating
Let’s have a quick glance at the pros and cons of this dating site so you can make the final decision. Pros and cons will speed up your decision-making process and avoid confusion.
- Patented Compatibility tests that ensure better matches.
- They are the pioneers and experts in the personality-based matching system.
- A long array of security features.
- Guided communication facilitates ice-breakers for those who tend to struggle with words.
- Greater success rates than any other online dating service, especially for people looking for serious relationships.
- Intelligent match-making.
- Always quality first.
- Gay and lesbian-friendly.
- Quality dating profiles.
- Free communication weekends.
- Expensive in comparison to other sites but the plenty of features and services offer value for money.
- Only for people who are seeking serious relationships and do not encourage casual ones.
- No search features.
- Lengthy sign-up process.
Though dating sites have been there for the past few decades, they became popular in the last 10 years. Thus, there is a high possibility majority of seniors never really used a dating site. eHarmony can be the ideal site if you are new to online dating. It's a new-age app for old-school users.
It is not designed for quick hooks and casual flings but lifelong companionship. Registration takes time, and you may not get a few selected match suggestions. However, if you're prepared to put in the time and give truthful responses to the compatibility test, you might find yourself on the list of two million successful matches (and counting)!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is eHarmony good for seniors?
Irrespective of age, eHarmony is the go-to site for anyone seeking true love and partnership. The site is easy to use and comes with tons of safety features. The easy navigation process and minimalistic design also make it one of the best dating sites for senior singles.
What is the most successful dating site for seniors?
There are several dating websites where senior singles can register to find love. Some of the most well-known dating sites for singles over 50 are eHarmony Senior Dating, OurTime.com (50+), and Silver Singles.
Why is eHarmony the most respectable dating site for seniors?
Everyone hopes to find true love. It makes sense, especially for individuals who recently got divorced or widowed and are looking for a new relationship. Dating as a widow becomes easier with the right dating platform. Finding a compatible partner to spend your golden years doesn't have to be tough. Online dating can be challenging at any age. Most seniors look for trustworthy and safe online dating platforms they can join without fear.
eHarmony ticks all boxes for senior dating. The personality-based matchmaking system takes off all the hard work of browsing, finding and checking the compatibility. Apart from these, the ease of use, multi-level security, quality dating pool and safety features are other amazing features that attract users.
eHarmony makes the complex process of online dating simple and exciting. That is why it is loved by users who love to connect with potential partners matching their personalities.
How much is eHarmony a month?
The premium memberships are offered in 6, 12 and 24-month packages. It does not offer any monthly package currently. However, all three packages may cost you differently if you calculate them month-wise.
- Premium Light (6 Months) – $65.90 per month (paid half-yearly)
- Premium Plus (12 months) – $45.90 per month (paid annually)
- Premium Extra (24 months)- $35.90 per month (paid biannually)
You can get a discount when you pay for a long-term plan. The site does offer you a 3-day trial, where you can get an idea and choose to cancel if you are not satisfied.