Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best international dating site?
Some people choose to explore love and romance halfway across the world. Each has its reasons to search for love in foreign territories. Different people seek different things from international dating sites based on their preferences and needs.
Similarly, all the overseas dating sites and international dating apps are unique in their ways, offering unique and varied services and experiences to their users.
Therefore, declaring any particular international dating site to be the best wouldn't be appropriate. As many of them are best in their peculiar ways. The list of ten sites given above is amongst the top websites which specialize in international dating. Apart from this, a few more websites and apps that cater to the international dating crowd are
- International Single Girls
Are international dating sites legitimate?
Yes, international dating sites are legitimate. People generally have innumerable questions and apprehensions about dating internationally. Obviously, people question these sites' legitimacy before they dip their toes into the international dating world.
Most of the international dating sites are commercial and owned by big business corporations or media networks. Though some rare instances put a few of the dating sites in bad books for their dubious dating services or subscription scams, dating sites are not illicit in any way.
Foreign dating sites are lawful and function legally. But the users may be fraudulent. There are users with fake profiles, scammers, and spammers with ulterior motives who engage in unacceptable activities that harm genuine users in more ways than one. In such cases, the sites have to bear the mudslinging for those bogus profiles, creating suspicion about international dating sites' legitimacy.
Can an international relationship work?
Yes, an international relationship can thrive and triumph. When we say this, we mean it happens when people involved in such a relationship are mature to handle the complexities of dating internationally.
International relationships are incredible, but they are also challenging. Some of the challenges people face in international relationships are language barriers, cultural differences, clash of value systems, and mindset. International couples don't have it as easily as ordinary couples do. But they can put in efforts to make it work. It requires an open mind, patience, mutual love, trust and respect, unconditional support, transparency, and free-flowing communication from a distance to achieve an unbreakable international relationship.
It's straightforward; distance means very little when someone means so much more to you. That said, if you want something to work out, you put everything you have, your heart and soul, into it, and you can accomplish it.
Is it ok to date someone from another country?
It is perfectly ok to date someone from another country. But brace yourself when you plunge into dating someone from a foreign land. You experience a multitude of overwhelming emotions. There is a lot of excitement, confusion, adventure, thrill, and a lot of enlightenment. There are obstacles and many complexities that come with dating internationally; it sure has its advantages.
Perks of dating someone from another country:
- You get to experience the immeasurable power of love; when you like someone, who resides in a different part of the world, you strive to endure circumstances and go to any lengths to make things work.
- You learn a lot about a new culture, language, values, and customs.
- Dating someone from another country can drain you somehow, it is also an enriching experience.
- You learn to be a little more tolerant and patient. You learn to sort out misunderstandings and deal with differences of opinion. You learn to negotiate, let go of a few things, and stand up for a few.
- Dating a foreigner from far off land is an exotic experience. It's exhilarating. The thrill escalates many folds when you romance with someone who has an accent. It's titillating when your partner expresses love in ways different than what you have known.
Dating someone from an unknown world through a glass screen is a giant leap of faith that you take. It's only up to you to decide if you are ok with dating someone abroad, given the challenges and the advantages of an international relationship.
How to survive a long-distance relationship?
Long-distance relationships are excruciating. There is the pain of separation, loneliness, doubts, and anxiety. Your love is tested, and you have to prove to each other that your love can overcome the distance.
Surviving a long-distance relationship is no rocket science; you have to be there for each other despite the distance barrier. Make distance a reason to love harder. Some simple ways in which you can survive a long-distance relationship are-
- Communication is the key. Talk, text, chat, Skype, Facetime, do what suits you. But share everything about yourself and your feelings, whether it's good, bad, or ugly. There has to be absolute transparency.
- Try to visit each other as and when you can. Traveling halfway across the world can be daunting and expensive, but save up and see each other.
- Trust is the foundation of any relationship. Solve any misunderstanding and issue, give explanations, and don't take each other for granted if you wish to last long despite the distance. Stay loyal and make your partner feel secure.
- Be positive all the time, don't let any negativity creep into your heart or life.
- Arrange virtual movie and dinner dates, spend some quality time together to get that feeling of normalcy.
- Play multiplayer virtual games to have fun times with each other.
- Plan a vacation to someplace nice. Do something special for each other, spoil your partner with gifts and surprises. Remind each other that affection is not measured by distance.
- Learn new things, upgrade your skills, learn a new language, distract yourself from missing your partner by immersing yourself in self-development activities. Being together is a beautiful feeling, but it's equally essential to be happy when you're alone.
A long-distance relationship is hard work. It is not for the fearful. If you can be together despite living apart, that's a real test of your love and relationship. If love is true, it overcomes the distance.
How to date a foreign girl online?
Dating a foreign girl can be a little perplexing. It is a whole different experience than dating a local girl. You face many challenges like the language barrier, minimal to no physical contact, miscommunication, and many more.
But where do you find these foreign girls? To begin with, you can get a job overseas, you can join an International Student’s Association. You can just travel to foreign lands and meet someone there. All this seems tedious, right? The best way to find a foreign girlfriend is to go online. Join international dating sites or social media networks, and you can find a foreign girlfriend from the comfort of your couch.
Online international dating sites are the best places if you are looking to develop a relationship with a foreign girl. It is quick, safe, easy, and you have a lot of options for the kind of girl you are seeking for. You can also look for region-specific dating sites; for example, if you are looking for Asian girls, you can look for Asian Dating Sites.
Dating a foreign girl requires effort. Undoubtedly dating internationally is fun and exciting, but it’s also a lot of hard work. There are many differences and a huge gap you are supposed to bridge to create a relationship with a foreign girl.
Points to keep in mind while dating a foreign girl online:
- Patience – To date, a foreign girl and make that relationship work, you got to have a lot of patience to deal with the struggle that comes with dating virtually someone who is miles apart from you. Don’t rush into things. Your impulsiveness may ruin your chance with the girl. Take one thing at a time.
- Learn the language – Though learning a new language is time consuming and requires a lot of hard work and money, give it a try. Learn at least the basics of her language. It will ease the communication gap, and the girl may be mighty impressed with your effort to learn her language.
- Respect her values, customs, traditions, and culture – You may/may not necessarily believe in/agree to all her values or are comfortable with her customs and traditions, but you still ought to respect them. Her values, customs, and traditions are a part of who she is. Any disrespect to her culture is a disrespect to her. Don’t do or say anything that could hurt or offend her.
- Understand, accept, and embrace the differences between you and her. You are two different individuals with different personalities. Respect and accept her for what she is.
- Be a gentleman – The traits like chivalry and generosity can win the heart of any girl. If you want to dazzle a foreign girl, show chivalry, exhibit good manners, be generous and ooze confidence.
- Make time for one another – Talking every day is a struggle considering different time zone and schedules. You can send her snippets of your daily activities through pictures and videos. This way, she gets an idea of your life and lifestyle. It also makes her feel special and indicates how you think of her even when you are doing the day's mundane chores or when you are out with your friends.
- Spend time together virtually – Arrange for Skype or Facetime movie or dinner dates. You may not get a chance to Netflix and chill together as other couples do. However, you can be innovative and plan out some fun, quirky way to spend time together virtually, if not physically.
These are the things you should take care of when dating a foreign girl online.
How can I get an international boyfriend?
With the advent of the internet, technology, and a legion of dating sites for each and every relationship type, dating someone internationally isn’t too big an issue. But there are impediments, nevertheless.
Getting an international boyfriend is a kind of cool. There is a lot of excitement, curiosity, and learning when you date someone from outside of your country/continent. There are several ways you can get an international boyfriend.
Dating sites and apps – Join overseas dating websites and apps. The dating world is full of dating sites for different kinds of people seeking different types of relationships.
Do a little search by yourself, go through the above mentioned top ten international dating sites, and find a boyfriend in some other part of the world without leaving your room.
Social Media Sites – You can join popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can look for like-minded people on social media platforms by joining specific groups or you can also join online group chat rooms and meet exciting people from across the world.
Travel abroad – Take a holiday abroad. Or get a job in a foreign country. It may improve your chances of meeting someone.
These are the ways you can get an international boyfriend. Before you dip your soles to find a boyfriend in foreign waters, make sure you know what you want and be patient before rushing into things. Having an international boyfriend is no big deal if you are sure you have found the right kind of person.