Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is BBW? / What does BBW mean?
BBW means Big Beautiful Women. This is one of the positive euphemisms used to describe fat women. Thanks to the body positivity campaign supported by various celebrities, fat women no longer feel discriminated against their chubby figures. Instead, they are encouraged to embrace their curvy body. Other positive euphemisms used are chubby, curvy, queen size, voluptuous, etc.
How to dress when you are overweight?
Every woman has a unique body shape and there is no need to feel inferior about it. Knowing your body shape not only helps your dressing but makes you feel confident about yourself. From what colors to wear to what kinds of neck cut to wear or not to wear depends on your body type.
So, as someone said when life gave you curves flaunt them. Avoid wearing tent-like dresses and dusky shades. A tight fitted dress with a lower neckline is much more beautiful on fat women than skinny ones. Below dressing tips can make you more comfortable and presentable.
- Right lingerie: Understand it’s not just the outer clothes but undergarments which decides your comfort level. So, spend on nice lingerie which ensures all your things remain in place. Well-fitted lingerie will not just make you feel comfortable but accentuates your curves.
- Right color combinations: Concentrate on quality over quantity. Pick colors that complement your skin tone. Do not go and stock everything that looks black. Hiding behind black will hide your personality too. Embrace colors and different combinations.
- Accessorize your outfits: Add bling here and there and let yourself shine. Right belts, shoes, scarves can uplift any boring outfit and personality.
What is considered plus size for a woman?
Just like the beauty and weight standards vary between countries and cultures, the definition of plus size also changes. Both application and meaning of the term vary from one country to another. It also varies as per the industry the person is involved in.
According to Plus Magazine, “In the fashion industry, plus size is identified as sizes 18 and over, or sizes 1X-6X and extended size as 7X and up.”
However, many US and UK modeling agencies prefer plus-size models who fall in the range of sizes 8 to 12. Though many body-positive supporters called this an obnoxious practice.
Plus-size in different countries:
Australia – Size 16 and above
UK – Size 16 and above
USA – Size 12 and above
Above are the widely accepted benchmark for women’s plus-sized clothing. However, different clothing brands still stick to their sizes.
But, should size matter?
Yes and no because the answer is not black and white. Women’s size can be such a grey area. Size may not matter when we consider fashion. However, one must consider them when it comes to health risks. Still, sizing should not portray how women accept and love their bodies.
What is the meaning of a chubby girl?
Chubby girls are someone who is not fat but a bit heavier than curvy girls. Curvy girls are someone who had an hour-glass shaped body and perfect hip to waist ratio. However, there are no distinct lines to define curvy, chubby, and fat girls.
How do overweight people date?
There are no separate rules for overweight people when it comes to dating. However, putting yourself out there can be a bit intimidating for plus-sized people. That is why you need to keep 3 pointers in your mind.
- Don’t talk about your weight: This is because of the way your weight affects you, it doesn’t affect the person you are dating. Your date may not even care about your weight. Don’t bore your date with your diet plans and workout routines unless it comes naturally into conversation. If your weight, diet, and health history is a major concern of your date, then he/she isn’t right for you.
- Don’t overindulge: Several couples report that they gain weight once they are dating or start a relationship. The main reason behind this is most couples plan their dates revolving around food and drinks. Bars, restaurants, café are some of the favored places to meet dates. This may deviate you from your healthy eating plans. So, do enjoy your dates and meals but try not to divert from your health goals.
- Don’t demean yourself: You can’t go out there and consider someone falls in love with you if you don’t love yourself. Make peace with who you are and your body. If you are trying to find dates online, then keep a few things in mind. Post pictures that represent your confident, beautiful, and sexy side. On your dates wear dressing that flaunts your curves, and do ensure you are wearing sexy and comfortable lingerie beneath.