Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is being an equestrian hard?
Being an equestrian can be hard for some people. It takes years of consistent practice and hard work to master the art of horse riding. It can be mentally and physically daunting because an equestrian doesn’t just have to focus on his/her posture on the saddle. They need to take care of the animal too.
A couple of things that an equestrian has to constantly take care of include:
- Fitness – Being an equestrian is challenging because it is a physically-demanding activity. You need to have core and leg strength.
- Balance – Your body needs to be capable of achieving equilibrium as it is of utmost importance while getting onto and dismounting from the horse’s back.
- Staying inspired – Another key factor in your profession is how motivated you are to keep working as an equestrian. If the satisfaction levels are high and you are closer to your goals, it is not hard being an equestrian.
- Patience – Finally, like in any other profession, you need to take one step at a time and have lots of patience to understand the unique animal behavior.
If all of these four factors are well-balanced, being an equestrian will not prove to be a very difficult job.
Is there a dating site for equestrians?
Being a part of the equestrian community, it is natural that you would want to date a person either from the same community or a person who loves the animal as much as you do. It is a very good point to base a relationship on. The common interest in horses can make your relationship stronger. With shared passions, you can form a long-term bond.
The good part is that while the online dating industry was developing and growing, site owners looked at options to offer personalized services to users. And thus developed the knack for creating sites for various categories of users, for example, golf dating sites, senior dating sites, etc.
Similarly, there are dating sites too catering solely to equestrians. Some of the most common ones are EquestrianSingles, EquestrianCupid, Equestrian Dating, and more.
The topmost preference amongst equestrians is eHarmony. Even though the site caters to multiple segments, it offers top-class and finest services to people looking at serious relationships. It is mostly known for its scam-free environment.
For a committed date, this is the place to be. You will meet a decent number of horse-loving people here. You can first sign-up for the free membership, experience the savvy features, and if satisfied, take up the premium membership that offers an extensive range of awesome features.
How do you date an equestrian?
Looking to date an equestrian? Follow these tips to impress your date every time:
- You need to be exceptionally good at being patient with the person around you. Remember, an equestrian spends a major part of the day with the animal, handling it with great composure and calmness. They expect their partners too to have this virtue – hurrying them or pressurizing them for certain things can backfire. So, take it easy – every step.
- You might discover during your relationship that your partner’s priority number one is the horse and not you. That does not mean he/she loves you any less, but the animal would always be the center of his/her life. You should be able to accept it and not take it to your heart. You may see or hear your partner showering affection and pampering the horse more than you. Just learn to take it in your stride if you wish to sincerely date the person for a long time.
- Learn to love things associated with animals. For example, the smell of the animal, barn odor, manure, and dirt. They all come as part and parcel of the deal.
Where can I meet horse people?
One of the best places to meet horse people is online horse lover dating sites. Many cater to people passionate about the animal, and you’ll surely come across many compatible people.
Other than that, if you are keen to meet some of them in person, try out these places:
- Be a regular at the boarding barns, where you can meet other boarders, students, and trainers who may interest you.
- You may consider participating in some local horse shows and competitions. This can be one of the best places to not just meet people who love this animal but also showcase your groomed one and get some good tips for life.
- Volunteer at any local equine rescues where you can be involved with grooming the animal or carrying out admin-related jobs.
- Another way to meet passionate horse lovers is to become a member of a horse club. Here you can meet all types of people, including learners, serious professionals, equestrians, etc.
- Join any riding team or be a part of a riding trail to come across serious horse lovers.
How to impress a horse girl?
Impressing a horse girl may not be very easy. Remember, an integral part of your relationship will be the animal, and she might be showering more love on the horse than you. If you are okay with that, note these tips to keep her impressed:
- Learn and get used to the typical horse terms. Start including the terms in your day-to-day conversations. Never mind if you get them wrong once in a while.
- Handle every situation patiently, even when she has to stop by at the barn and spend hours there, even on a hot date night.
- Get ready to spend your money, as maintaining this animal is pretty expensive.
- Keep taking her photos and videos along with her horse wherever and whenever possible. This will keep her impressed.
- Be there at every show with her concerning the animal, not just as a spectator but as a helper or an assistant to help her.
What is the difference between an equestrian and a horse girl?
Both love animals and are passionate about horses. But, while the latter is a professional horse rider, the former indulge in it as a hobby. Both consider horse riding as a serious sport, but the horse girl can still be learning how to ride the animal or be an enthusiastic participant at all shows and competitions held locally.