Life just begins at 50!!!!!
Yes, you read it right. 50 is the beginning of the second act of your life. And the bravest thing you can do is to hope and find love again.
Dating in your golden years can be intimidating and overwhelming, but it is also exhilarating and refreshing. It’s natural to be reluctant and have apprehensions towards the idea of dating in older age. But isn’t age just a number? Why limit your wishes and desires by your age?
Let’s burst the myth!! Dating as a senior is simpler than dating in your youth. Mature singles have acquired wisdom over years of experience in love, relationship, and life. They have self-knowledge about who they are and what they want. It becomes easier for them to find love, companion, or make social connections.
Given below is a list of the best dating sites over 50. Join the dating site that resonates with you to get one step closer to your relationship goal.
Best Dating Sites for Singles Over 50
eHarmony Senior Dating
Relationships: Long term, serious and deep relationships
Profile: All singles*
Gender Ratio: 51% male and 49% female*
User Base: 4.2 million visits/month*
Popularity: Over 9 million active users worldwide*
User Rating: 4.8/5.0*
eHarmony is the most reputable and trustworthy dating site. Launched by Dr. Neil Clark Warren, a theologian, and psychologist, it is a perfect blend of psychological principles of attraction and scientific match-making tools.
The site connects marriage-minded singles to find love and meaningful relationships. Over the years, it has evolved to encourage same-sex relationships, friendship, and casual dating.
- The site recommends a curated list of potential matches based on the comprehensive personality test and compatibility matching system.
- Match preferences can be set using advanced search filters to find the most desirable match.
- Scripted greetings and guided communication features help to break the ice and get things moving.
- The site has a zero-tolerance policy for spammers and scammers and a dedicated and responsive customer care team.
- Free communication weekends and video dating are remarkable features to connect compatible singles.
Free registration, convenient design, a comfortable and safe dating environment, and an enjoyable dating experience make it a go-to online dating site for people aged 50 and above.
Relationships: Friendship, companionship, casual dating, serious relationships
Profile: All singles over 50*
Gender ratio: 42% male and 58% female*
User Base: 900,000 visits/month*
Popularity: 25,000 new signups every month*
User Rating: 4.6/5.0*
A stellar dating platform exclusively for men and women over 50, Silver Single hustles to match compatible seniors desiring meaningful relationships, romance, or friendship.
Silver Singles offers plenty of options and opportunities to those seasoned in life to find their kindred souls.
- The site has a comprehensive personality test based on Five-Factor Model.
- The site recommends three to seven compatible matches every day based on your personality and preferences.
- Customized filtering tools speed up the search for the one you desire.
- The “Have you met?” feature shows the profiles of users who share commonalities with you.
- A beginner-friendly user interface aids seamless navigation through the site.
Whether you are a divorcee, widowed, or never married, if you wish to bask in the cozy glow of love and companionship in your golden years, Silver Singles is a safe place to start again.
Relationships: Dating, serious relationships
Profile: Christian singles*
Gender ratio: 44% male and 56% female*
User Base: 3.5 million visits/month*
Popularity: Over 16 million active users worldwide*
User Rating: 4.5/5.0*
ChristianMingle is the most reliable and reputed faith-based dating site. The site welcomes people from all faith, beliefs, and denominations to find love and create God-centric relationships.
If you are a true believer, ChristianMingle is the prime site to unify people with similar faith, beliefs, values, and expectations. Though it is not an exclusive senior dating site, it provides a safe and value-driven dating environment to everyone pursuing a profound Christian connection.
- Members can discover a perfect match by setting their match parameters.
- Members can view, like, and reject individual profiles in the
- Match percentage shows how compatible you are with the potential match.
- Believe blog section manifests countless inspirational and heart-warming success tales of marriage and relationships.
The user-friendly design, a clutter-free layout, safety and security measures, emphasis on personal privacy, round-the-clock customer support, and various communication tools helps faith-oriented mature singles to make a strong spiritual connection in the evening of their life.
Relationships: Friendship, date, pen pal, serious relationship
Profiles: All singles over 50*
Gender Ratio: 40% male and 60% female*
User Rating: 3.2/5.0*
Senior Match thrives by its motto, “you don’t have to be alone.” This exemplary niche dating site is designed exclusively for mature singles looking for a soulmate, a romantic partner, a travel companion, or an activity buddy.
This global senior-friendly dating site has required resources and expertise to ensure quality matches for its members. The site offers a fun and safe dating environment and lots of dating advice to guide you on the road to love and fulfilling life.
- The match-making algorithm is built with cutting-edge technology to help users find their best match.
- Members can be a part of free-flowing communication on sites discussion forums and the private chat feature.
- The moderators conduct a manual review of profiles and constantly patrol the site to protect its genuine members from unsavory ones.
A never expiring free basic membership on the Senior Match constantly strives to assist, enthrall and satisfy the mid-century modern singles. Go ahead, dive into the large dating pool to find the special someone to accompany you to swim through your golden years.
Relationships: Flexible dating, fun & short term dates, serious relationships
Profile: All singles*
Gender ratio: 48% male and 52% female*
User Base: 3.9 million visits/month*
Popularity: Over 40 million active users worldwide*
User Rating: 4.7/5.0*
Zoosk has carved a distinct place as a smart and intuitive dating site for young and mature singles seeking casual dating, lasting friendships, and committed relationships. This ever-growing global dating site finely fuses online dating with social networking to provide users with a safe and fun online environment.
With a massive user base of people of all ages, orientations, and backgrounds from over 80 countries, this site is ideal for older adults to find love and shun loneliness.
- Zoosk’s trademarked Behavioural match-making algorithm recommends Smart Picks based on how they behave and browse the site.
- Zoosk coins enable members to boost their profile, increase visibility, send virtual gifts, and access premium features.
- Zoosk’s Carousel shows individual profiles with the option to vote yes, no, and maybe.
- The Connections feature shows the mutual matches.
- The profiles are legitimized using several verification tools to verify their photos, phone numbers, social media accounts, and military service credentials.
Join this dynamic and prolific dating platform to connect with like-minded people in the same age group to have a thriving love life.
Relationships: Friendship, dating, serious relationships
Profile: All singles over 50*
Gender ratio: 48% male and 52% female*
User Base: 8.9 million visits/month*
User Rating: 4.5/5.0*
A great dating platform for mature people, OurTime strives to uncover a world of romance, camaraderie, and friendship among the senior crowd. OurTime algorithm matches widowed, divorced, separated, or never married senior singles based on their dating standards and location.
The niche dating site also has an enjoyable app with simple swiping features to connect and explore love interests in a free and safe dating environment.
- Members can enhance the visibility of their profile by uploading an audio or video file.
- OurTime algorithm suggests the most compatible matches daily.
- Match Me feature places your profile into the daily matches of a person who has caught your eye.
- OurTime calendar lists events in the city where mature singles meet and mingle in person.
- ConnectMe feature helps members communicate with their match via text or phone without giving out their actual phone number.
An easy sign-up process, genuine user profiles, stringent security policy, numerous communication features, and great search tools make this site the best place for parents and grandparents seeking another shot at love and companionship.
50plus Club is a dating site for senior singles looking for a relationship, romance, friendship, and adventure. This niche dating site spans 13 countries, empowering older singles to find their special someone and make the most of their second innings together.
The site accommodates anyone half a century young with a desire to experience a carefree dating environment.
- The site offers free basic membership that never expires with an optional premium subscription.
- The site takes utmost precautions to weed off spammers, scammers, offensive and fake profiles to protect members from romance scams.
- Filtering tools simplify and channels the search process in the desired direction, destination, and person.
This dating site facilitates open discussion forums and promotes interest-based groups for seniors to meet, mingle and marry. Join 50plus Club to be a part of a tight-knit community of all fifty and fabulous singles.
Relationships: Friendship, date, romance, serious relationship
Profiles: All singles over 50*
User Rating: 3/5.0*
Stitch is a fast-growing wholesome community of senior singles aged 50’s to ’90s. This global site embraces senior singles of all orientations, ethnicities, and relationship status looking for friendship, romance, intimacy, companionship, or anything in between.
This social network is established with a mission to free senior singles from social isolation and loneliness and enrich their lives by fostering romantic or platonic relationships between members with shared interests.
- The site has a unique match-making system and recommends matches in the Members section based on the members’ needs, shared interests, social engagement, and personal security.
- Community section has a list of activities and events organized by the members. Members can participate without paying a penny by clicking the “attend”
- Stitch badges are an indicator of trust the community puts on its members
- Stitch status recognizes and appreciates the members for their positive contribution to the community
- Stitch organizes amazing virtual events, group chats, and online discussions for its community in this pandemic.
Stitch is ideal for finding a potential companion who appreciates mental, spiritual, and emotional connection over physical appearance.
American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
Relationships: Friendship, online community, date, relationship
Profiles: All senior singles*
AARP is a non-profit, non-governmental organization; endowed with an incredible history of assisting older people with support and opportunities in the second act of life. Staying true to its mission of empowering seniors to choose how they live as they age, the site offers entertainment, health, finances, and travel services apart from dating.
This extraordinary dating site is well equipped with essential resources to offer more value than typical senior dating sites.
- The site offers free registration and a free trial period of 7 days
- The membership price is low, and the paid membership comes with a money-back guarantee if you fail to find your ideal match on the site.
- Though the site is designed for older people, it doesn’t restrict the younger counterparts from joining it.
- Members can advertise their profiles by posting distinctive date ideas and dating tips. It helps to connect with like-minded matches.
- Play feature offers quick games which help you decide which member you should contact.
If you are passionate about dating and life, AARP is the best dating site for over 50.
Over50Date is a dating site for mature people over 50. The site has a large dating pool of sophisticated, well-educated, successful, and open-minded senior singles. This brilliant dating site connects millions of like-minded older singles for friendship, casual dating, and serious relationships.
This popular and reliable dating site has a straightforward registration process and a hassle-free design to serve a non-tech-savvy crowd over 50.
- Dating blogs with thought-provoking articles, relationship advice, and dating tips ensure a rewarding experience.
- The site offers various communication channels like forums, online chat services, emails, member blogs, etc.
- It publishes daily 50+ news mainly devised for senior singles.
Over 50 Date is the most effective dating site for people who wish to transcend their single life and find an activity or life partner.
Losing a loved one, getting divorced, separating from your partner are traumatic experiences. But that doesn't mean you stop living and loving. You have to gather yourself and move ahead. Online dating sites are a safe place to start fresh again.
Try the above-mentioned senior dating sites to build new friendships, make a connection, be a part of an interest group, experience romantic encounters or find a lifelong companion. Fill the second half-century of your life with love, fun, and adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the most popular dating site for seniors?
eHarmony is a phenomenal mainstream dating site for seniors. It is not designed exclusively for the 50 and up crowd. Nevertheless, it tops the popularity chart of dating sites for seniors because of its traditional approach and love-driven methods to connect matches.
The site is endowed with a remarkable history, heartening success stories, an outstanding brand image, excellent features, and a reputation as the safest and most trustworthy dating site on the block. It’s a perfect platform for relationships to blossom and flourish.
The site does cost big bucks, but every penny is worth it as it does all the heavy lifting. The site does all the grunt work from a comprehensive personality test, scientific compatibility match-making, and delivering quality matches with their compatibility ratings. At the same time, you sit back and wait for the potential match who ticks all the right boxes.
eHarmony offers perks like a free trial period, free communication weekend, free app downloads, etc. With all this and more, eHarmony has garnered the spot of the most popular dating site for seniors.
What is the best free dating site for seniors?
With the boom of numerous niche and mainstream dating sites for seniors, each costing a pretty penny, people have started weighing the cost with the value received. Most of these dating sites have a free basic membership to get started. However, none of them are entirely free.
Some of the best free-to-join dating sites for seniors are- eHarmony and Silver Singles. Both the sites offer full access to all the services and an enriched experience only after paying for the premium subscription. Nonetheless, the free basic membership on both sites brings a lot to the table and is deemed the best free dating site for seniors.
How to tell if a man over 50 likes you?
A solitary senior man in his second innings is experienced, wise, calm, and patient. If he hasn’t confessed his feelings and you are in a dilemma whether he likes you or not, look for these signs:
- He showers you with heartfelt compliments.
- He lets his guard off and trusts you with his personal life. He feels comfortable around you.
- He shows that he cares, like checking up on you after work or texting during the day to see how you are doing. But he also respects your individuality and gives you your space.
- He broadens his horizons and does things out of his comfort zone for your happiness.
- You have his undivided attention when he is with you. He makes you feel special.
- He takes time to meet you. Instead of taking a rain check, he makes amends in his schedule to see you.
- He is protective of you. He cares about your health, happiness, and safety.
- He looks at you keenly, admiring and appreciating you for who you are. He looks into your eyes when you talk.
- He invites you to family gatherings and holidays. He doesn’t shy away from introducing you to his friends and family.
If an older man likes you, he won’t beat around the bush much longer. He will tell you upfront at the right time. Till then, look for these signs to know if he is really into you.
Do’s and don’ts of dating after 50
The most crucial thing while dating after 50 is to enjoy the dating process, the journey to find your love or companion. It’s an opportunity to be yourself and honestly know someone.
Here’s a list of Do’s and Don’ts:
- Take rejections with a grain of salt. Don’t attribute it as your loss. Be confident and keep your mind open to people who come your way.
- Expand your age bracket, broaden your parameters, forget your type, sometimes you fall in love with the most unexpected person.
- Own your age gracefully. Embrace the way you look and the way you are. Feel confident, attractive, and sexy.
- Communication is a two-way street. Listen as much as you talk.
- Join age-specific dating sites to find someone compatible with you and your age.
- Nothing is sexier than self-love. Practice yoga or work out, refresh your wardrobe, join clubs or activities, and try a new hobby. Love yourself before you give love another chance.
- Get dating tips and advice from friends and family.
- Be alert, don’t ignore the red flags and bad vibes, listen to your gut, and end things if it doesn’t feel right.
- Keep a family member or friend informed of your whereabouts when on a date.
- If you choose to get intimate with your date, remember the advice you got as 20-years-old. Try out new things, have fun but don’t forget to use protection.
- Throw the old three-day rule out of the window and call your date back if you had a good time on your first date.
- Take your time, be sure if you are ready to commit to the relationship. Wait till you two are on the same page before you introduce your date to friends and family.
- Don’t talk about money, health, struggles, or other sensitive subjects before getting to know each other’s personalities. Know the person before learning about their life.
- Don’t compromise on your expectations from dating and relationships or shy away from expressing your desires and needs. Be honest about your intentions.
- Don’t be hooked onto your past relationship and never make comparisons.
- Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Don’t rush into things. Be patient with the process of dating, with yourself and your potential partner.
- Don’t lament or slander about your ex. Be honest about your past relationships and start afresh.
- Don’t keep your date/match hanging. Be gracious and thoughtful enough to revert on time. Follow the basic etiquettes.
- Don’t force yourself to do things that don’t interest you to get any validation.
- Don’t try to look or sound younger than you are. Sooner or later, you will be busted.
- Don’t downplay your success, achievements, failures, and struggle to impress your date.
- Don’t lower your standards or belittle yourself and compromise on what you deserve.
Flirting rules for singles over 50
Flirting is sending intentional playful signals to show someone that you are romantically attracted to them.
Some people are seasoned at the art of flirting without being creepy. In contrast, others find it challenging to decipher witty wisecracks and subtle hints. To get noticed, it is essential to communicate the right way.
In the 50s, you can’t bat your eyelashes or drop a hanky to get attention. It doesn’t work. There are subtle but striking ways to indicate that you are interested.
The key flirtatious moves a senior single can try are:
- Make eye contact, soften your eyes and hold the gaze a little longer. Intense eye contact is a way to communicate you are interested in them.
- Smile with your face. Not just with your mouth but also with your eyes. Lock your eyes with theirs while you are smiling, showcase your availability and the desire to connect.
- Words are a direct way to convey the way you feel. Use your words carefully. Blend playful words and intimate sentiment with a bit of humor to avoid awkwardness.
- Text them, talk to them intently, listen while they talk, enjoy the banter, keep in touch while away, playfully tease them. Don’t be too cheesy; keep it light and fun and express your feelings implicitly.
- A gentle or soft touch is a great sign to showcase your feelings. Try to get physically close without intimidating them. Hold their hand with some pretext, move a strand of hair off their face, keep your arms around their shoulders. Be close without making them uncomfortable.
- Genuine compliments are a great flirting sign. The compliment must be heartfelt, personal, and meaningful.
- A super flirtatious thing to do is going out of your way to impress them. Show them that they matter to you.
- Ask them to help you with any random thing. It gives you a chance to get their sole attention while they feel important and needed.
Flirting is a way to move things forward, but subtle signals and dropping hints may or may not work all the time. In such cases, be direct.