Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there a dating site for truckers?
Ans. Yes, there are plenty of dating sites for truckers. Scroll up and discover the top 15 trucker dating websites, of which 12 serves exclusively to single truck drivers. Moreover, it also has many free dating websites for truck drivers. The trucker dating sites help truck drivers find love, friendship, and casual dates for ever-busy men/women on the road. Whatever your interests are like music, dance, traveling, etc. you can expect to get matched by someone on these sites.
Should I date a truck driver?
In the past few years, the critical aspects of relationship-building like trust and respect have taken a back seat. Although a person's profession plays a vital role in deciding your potential date, it should not be the only criterion. Dating someone who is mostly on the road is tough; it requires a great deal of trust and patience.
According to Ellen Voie, President, and CEO of Women In Trucking Association, once you accept the nature of the truck driver's job, you can make the relationship work.
Technology has made it easier to stay connected, and it's not like before. However, you can still find mixed reviews online about dating or marrying a truck driver.
Are truck drivers faithful?
Trust issues are part and parcel of all relationships. However, it gets magnified when we talk about truckers. Ask lonely trucker wives, and they’ll tell you how true it can get. However, studies have found many truckers are 100% faithful to their wives.
Just because they are away from their partner doesn’t make them cheaters. Moreover, when do they have time to cheat. They spend hours driving with very little breaks. These breaks are their little moments of peace, quiet, and rest.
All truck drivers are cheating is a very serious myth, and it demeans the essential service they provide to a nation.
What are the signs your truck driver boyfriend is cheating?
There are some common signs that your spouse is cheating on you. Most of them go for your trucker boyfriend as well. If you ever see these below signs, make sure you ask and discuss them with your boyfriend before you call it quits.
- Busy with the phone: They never leave their phone unattended.
- Extreme emotions: They may either shower you with love or gets angry and agitated over minor issues.
- Change in the display of intimacy: You know your man more than anyone else. Some men indulge in passionate lovemaking after a long break, and some men prefer to take it slow. They depict a reverse pattern in comparison to the usual one.
- Unexpected trust issues: Infidelity brings a great deal of guilty conscience. Different people have different ways to fight their conscience. Accusing you of cheating is a way to justify their actions.
What are the pros and cons of dating a truck driver?
Dating someone who is on the road most of the time is not easy. If there are some issues in this, there are several perks of dating a truck driver.
- Join your partner: If you love traveling, join them on their road trips.
- Non-clingy relationship: We have all seen there are relationships that get claustrophobic after a point of time. Both partners fail to give the space that you need in a relationship. If you are someone who values your personal space, truck drivers are the best partners.
- Every time you meet is special: Staying away from each other for long-duration keeps your fondness for each other intact.
- Financial stability: Truck drivers take home a hefty paycheck.
- Trust issues: When you stay away for days, and at times weeks, it’s obvious to develop trust issues. Trust issues are not restricted to you, but it can also develop in your trucker partner. When you fail to pick up calls during their break-time, there is a chance that their mind cooks up all the unpleasant stories.
- Vacations: Truck drivers don’t really have fixed schedules. In fact, they are busier during the holidays. Vacations can be pretty lonely.
- Raising child Alone: It takes a village to take care of a baby. Most truck drivers take an off when they have a child. However, it's not possible for everybody to do that. Eventually, they have to go back to the job at some point in time. It can make you feel like a single parent, hustling alone. Plus, there have been certain incidents where kids find it hard to relate to their absentee father.
- Less Socializing: Truckers don’t get much time to socialize. When you are alone, going out without your partner may feel awkward.
Is truck driving a good career choice?
For people who love adventure and big vehicles can find fulfillment in a truck driver job. It is a highly secure and well-paying job. Plus, you don’t need college degrees to be a truck driver. The community has also been very much accommodating to women drivers and gay truck drivers. There is no discrimination when it comes to salary or respect. All genders can equally flourish in this field.
What are the disadvantages of being a truck driver?
If you ask a truck driver what troubles him/her the most about their job, they would always say homesickness. Both married and unmarried drivers equally miss home and family. Missing important days like birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc. are common for them.
Apart from that, stress is another element of a job that makes truckers susceptible to various lifestyle-related diseases like diabetes, arthritis, heart ailments, obesity, etc. There a few of them who also mentioned that they hate to get sick while on the job. Most of the time, you in a different state; where finding a doctor is not an easy job.
Finally, the most important issue they face is finding a life partner who could understand the nature of their job and still want to have a life with them.
How much do truck drivers earn in the USA?
We all know the truck driver takes home a handsome amount as salary. An average truck driver in the USA earns $44,959. The range usually falls between $39,687 to $52,100. The salary range mainly depends on their years of experience, the kind of truck they drive, and certifications.
Do truck drivers take drugs to stay awake?
Not all of the truck drivers rely on drugs to stay awake. However, there is a marginal number of truck drivers who are addicted to some type of drugs. According to a study conducted in 2017, 1.98% of drivers failed the drug test. It still represented 44,388 drivers, and it is no doubt a worrisome figure. The 3 most popular drugs taken by drivers to stay awake during long hauls are Marijuana, amphetamines, and cocaine.
Are there any gay truck drivers in the USA?
Truck driving is not an obvious choice for a queer person. However, slowly the community is making space for all genders, which was once dominated by white men. Some of the experienced truck drivers claim that gay truck drivers are not really a new phenomenon. Although their number is rising, and they are more visible now.