A premier online dating service
|Ease of Use||
|Value for $||
In today’s dating landscape, people have different dating requirements and preferences. Thankfully, there are varied dating websites available at their disposal. Chemistry.com is one such unique dating platform for people who are looking for a long term, meaningful relationship. This niche dating site uses science and psychology to match people. Dr. Helen Fisher, a celebrated scholar, and an anthropology professor has created a distinctive personality test for this dating site. The dating site’s innovative matching algorithm helps pair up congenial people based on their personality types and preferences. Chemistry.com endorses developing a friendship and chemistry between the matches before they meet personally.
Chemistry.com is a sister site of match.com. However, it adopts an entirely different approach to dating and finding a match on the online platform. This site has a lot of unique and useful features that spoil you for choices. You can be sure to find the right person on this site. Let’s look at what the site offers:
- The Personality Test, created by Dr. Helen Fisher, is a unique feature of this site. Numerous profound and equally fun questions of the personality test help you identify your personality and discover a match whose personality bonds well with yours.
- The users can browse through the in-depth profile of members on the site. They can also check if other members have browsed through their profile.
- Chemistry.com is a part of People Media’s Marriage Minded Community. All the sites on the MarriageMindedPeopleMeet.com are affiliated with each other and share their databases. Thus, members get an advantage to choose from a vast multitude of options, without any extra charge.
- This premier dating site provides dating and safety tips. They also have some exciting and enlightening articles on topics related to dating. The chemistry blog by Dr. Helen Fisher provides exceptional relationship advice.
- The site is hugely uptight about the privacy of the members and their safety. The information provided by the members is neither used nor sold by the site to any third party.
- Transparency is one thing that sets it apart. The site explicitly mentions that it does not conduct any identity or criminal record check. Thus, the members have to be alert while choosing to go ahead with the match they find on the site.
- The site offers excellent customer support service through the mail and over calls. It also has a very comprehensive FAQ section.
- The different options available to the members to communicate are – the emailing system, the messages, sending and receiving flirts, fun games, and winks. The flirting games are another cool way to initiate a casual conversation amongst the matches.
- The stream is one of the best features of this site. It is similar to the Facebook newsfeed, showing you the updates of your compatible matches in real-time.
- The site offers a free communication weekend. The free members can communicate with their matches these days and determine if they would like to continue with the paid version. It’s like a free trial period. Not all dating sites provide such facility.
- Another great feature of this dating site is the membership spotlight. Paid members can opt for this feature to highlight their Chemistry.com profile.
A paid subscription of this site is justifiable; if you wish to find someone worthy of you. You can join the dating site for free. But to contact and move forward with your match, it is necessary to get a paid membership. The site offers three types of subscriptions. The savings are vast on the lump sum payment for a longer duration.
|Duration||Price Per Month||Billed Amount||Free Trial|
|1 month||$ 13.99||$ 13.99||Available|
|3 months||$ 8.99||$ 26.97||Available|
|6 months||$ 6.69||$ 38.94||Available|
You can make payments through credit cards. You can easily renew or cancel your subscription at any time.
Ease of use
The website is very user-friendly with a simple layout. Signing up is a smooth task.
The tagline of Chemistry.com suggests that it’s an open site for everyone who wishes to find love and long-lasting relationship. Whether you are single, divorced, widowed, or separated; and whatever your sexual orientation is, this site welcomes you all.
Sign-up: The first step to sign up is selecting your gender and sexual orientation. The next step is to enter your location and login credentials.
The most distinctive part of creating a profile is the ‘My personality’ section. The personality test developed by Dr. Helen Fisherhas a variety of questions to help determine your personality type. The questions include multiple-choice, agree/disagree, graphics and images, and fill in the blanks. Based on your answers, your personality type is selected which is defined in 4 categories—director, negotiator, builder, or explorer.
About Me: The ‘About me’ section covers necessary personal information about yourself, like birth date, age, hair, eye color, body built, height, smoker/non-smoker, religion, occupation, education, and income.
About my match: This section requires you to fill in your basic expectations about your match’s appearance, lifestyle, and other details. It also asks for preferences about religion, ethnicity, profession, education, preferred distance, age range, children, etc.
In my own words: In the final section, ‘in my own words’, you can write about yourself, what you want from your partner, and what kind of relationship you seek, in an open-ended essay on your profile. It can range from 200-2000 words. So, go ahead and pour your heart out.
Pictures: You can upload up to 25 pictures on your profile. Make sure you put up your best shot as your display image. Your photo album is visible to all users unless you change the image visibility settings.
Once you have filled up your profile, you are directed to the homepage of the site. The algorithm suggests you the most compatible matches based on your personality and preferences. You get 5 -10 personalized matches daily on My Matches section on the home page and through email alerts. You can respond to the matches by selecting either of the three options –
- I am interested
- Decide later
- Not really
Even if you are a free user, you get your matches daily. But to initiate contact with your matches, it is vital to subscribe for a paid membership (for subscription details, check pricing)
Various distinguished functions make this site a delight to use:
- Winks are a way to notify someone you are interested in them. Those who find you attractive enough can wink back.
- Connections are the members you have found interesting and intend to communicate with using chemistry starters.
- When you use Nudge, it reminds members who did not revert to your recent communication.
- Views notify who has viewed your profile and the profiles you have viewed.
- A favorite is where you can see who has favorited you and who you have favorited.
- Flirt shows whom you have sent flirts and from whom you have received flirts.
- Likes show if somebody has liked your photos and the photos you have liked.
- The stream function on the homepage updates you with the latest feeds from your matches.
- Chemistry starters is a fun and interesting way to know your matches. The members engage in some fun activities and exciting games, allowing the conversations amongst them to flow naturally. It enables the members to know each other better without trying too hard. Few games of chemistry starters are fortune cookie, 5- card sort, love it or leave it, and relationship essentials.
Pros and Cons
Pros of Chemistry.com
This site is not for people interested in casual dating or hook up. Members join this site for serious relationships. They look for a match with whom they can foresee their future. The site offers some very different advantages.
- It searches and suggests your right kind of matches based on the comprehensive personality profile and compatibility (5 – 10 matches daily).
- You have access to a large pool of profiles. But you also have a facility to choose from personalized matches. You don’t have to search for the matches. Chemistry.com does that for you.
- An LGBTQ friendly dating site.
- Safe dating tips, tips on meeting offline, and relationships advice from experts.
- Comprehensive information about your personality and information about what makes you compatible with other personality types.
- Many choices to communicate with and know your congenial match (connection, flirt, winks, messages, emails, and fun games).
- A simplistic and uncomplicated site that offers seamless navigation between different sections.
- A particular newsfeed-like feature called a stream, where you can see your matches’ latest activities and posts.
- Access to the in-depth profile and pictures of the members, even to the free users.
Cons of Chemistry.com
Though the site has some impressive features, it lacks a few things.
- The site does not have a mobile app.
- It does not facilitate video chats and forums or chatrooms.
- It is imperative to get a paid subscription to contact your match.
- The site is not as populated as some of its sister sites.
- Though the site is simple and straight forward, it looks a little outdated and cluttered.
The site offers some great features and functions well. It can up its game by working on the minuses.
If you are not the typical type, who can cycle in and out of a relationship, why settle for some ordinary dating site? When you are genuinely looking for someone with whom you can experience a deeply emotional and psychic connection, this online dating site is the right place for you to find your special one. Chemistry.com captivates you with its fun games and other wonderful features, giving you a chance to connect and know your match before you see them in person. You cannot force relationship chemistry and meaningful connection. There has to be both compatibility and magnetism amongst individuals to gravitate towards each other. Chemistry.com facilitates this at its best, so why settle for less, or wait to find love. Sign up with chemistry.com for the stable relationship you yearn.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Chemistry.com a scam?
Chemistry.com site is not a scam. It is a great dating site for people who are looking for serious relationships. This sister site of Match.com was created in 2006, by the same team that worked for Match. It’s a premier dating site of People Media’s Marriage Minded community. It is a proof of the legitimacy of Chemisty.com. Marriage minded community has a good reputation for helping people find their perfect matches on various online dating platforms. People who have found their happily ever after on this dating site can vouch for both, its legitimacy and the chances of finding a meaningful relationship.
Is Chemistry.com a good dating site?
Chemistry.com is a perfect dating site for people who are seeking fulfilling and meaningful relationships. The site uses the science of compatibility and chemistry to aid people in finding their right matches. It not only helps you find a perfect partner but also helps you delve deeper into your inner self. Various success stories of couples who met on this dating platform exemplify how good this site is.
Is Chemistry dating site free?
Signing up on Chemistry.com doesn’t cost a penny. You can create your profile on this online dating site for free. Free users can explore the site and enjoy some of its features. But you won’t be able to communicate with other members or your daily matches without a paid subscription. There are free communication weekends when free users can communicate with their matches. But as the promo weekend gets over, they can continue the communication only if they have subscribed for a paid membership. Some of the site’s free services include creating a profile, taking the personality test, in-depth profile views, and photo album visibility. Paid members have exclusive advantages over free users. They can send and receive messages, play fun games, add profiles to the favorite list, send and receive unlimited winks, avail services of a professional writer to create a profile, and nameplate highlight facilities (available on best buy plan). The dating site is not free, but you can enjoy a few features for free. You can find the right match only when you opt for the paid membership.
Is Chemistry.com safe?
The website very well understands the importance of privacy and safety of the members. The site does not share or sell any personal or financial information of the members to any third party. The site pro-actively provides members with online and offline dating safety tips. The site does not conduct any identity or criminal background check of its members or new users. However, it has some resources dedicated to checking the fraudulent profiles on the site to keep the website clean and neat. The site encourages its members to report fake profiles on the website to flag and block them. Also, the members signing up on this dating site have to adhere to strict guidelines to use it. With a little alertness and caution from your end, one can be sure that Chemistry.com is a safe dating site.
How does Chemistry.com work?
Chemistry.com was explicitly created for serious singles looking for a long-term relationship. The site serves gay, lesbians, and straight individuals without any discrimination. The personality test is a unique feature of this dating site. It aims at knowing the member on a deeper personal level. The site pairs up members based on their personality type, compatibility, and chemistry. Unlike other dating sites, you don’t have to search for matches. This site’s multifaceted algorithm searches and suggests the right matches considering your personality, preferences, and interests. As it’s a niche dating site for serious users, it does not have any gimmicky features but meets the basic matchmaking requirements. It is advisable to subscribe to a paid membership to find the right match.