How to Delete Facebook Dating Profile?
Facebook Dating is a new feature from the internet's biggest social media platform. The feature is FB's answer to location-based dating. Made by Facebook, this new feature helps you meet new people with FB algorithms recommending the best matches as per your interests and preferences. It is easy to enable, set up and activate Facebook dating.
When you enable Facebook Dating, you can access the feature directly from the App downloaded on your mobile. At times, you might want to disable or delete this feature. Maybe because you have found another app for companionship, or you wish to take a break. It may also be the case that you have met someone nice and no longer needs to find a date.
Here, we will talk about how to disable Facebook Dating.
Points to Remember:
- These steps can be followed by Android and iPhone users.
- Since you cannot access FB Dating via your desktop or a web browser, you need your phone to disable the feature.
Steps to Delete Facebook Dating
- Start the App.
- Go to the menu by tapping the three bars (horizontal) present at the top right corner of the App.
- Go to the ‘All Shortcuts Section.'
- Scroll down and click on ‘See More.'
- Click or tap ‘Dating.'
- Dating gets started.
- You will find the gear icon on the corner. Tap the icon to start ‘Settings.'
- You will see the ‘General' tab. Click on the same.
- There is an option called ‘Account.' As you scroll down, you will come across the option ‘Delete Profile.'
- You will be asked for a reason for deleting the profile. There are options to pick from:
- I want a fresh start.
- I was just curious.
- I met someone.
- I don't like Facebook Dating.
- I don't have time for it.
You can choose any one option and press ‘Confirm delete' to complete the process.
Steps to Disable Facebook Dating
- Instead of deleting the profile, you can choose ‘Take a break.'
Advantages of choosing the ‘Take a break' option:
- In this option, your profile will not be deleted. If you wish to enable your profile at a later date, you do not have to re-enter your personal details again.
- In this case, your matches and chats all get stored but will not show on the Facebook App.
- You can deactivate the option whenever you join back and get back full access to all functionalities like before.
The FB Dating features help you take your dating to another level. The App offers flexibility to users by offering options to delete or take a break. The simple steps mentioned above help you complete the process seamlessly and within no time.