Online dating is now a standard way to find a date for most singles. LDS singles usually rely on friends and family, LDS events, and church to meet suitable matches. However, you do not need to limit your options when many LDS dating sites can help you find singles who follow your faith. Most of these sites are free to join, although you might have to pay extra to use important communication tools.
It is now easier for LDS singles to find matches online. You can now look for an ideal match for you without leaving the house. All you need is the right website to start with your online dating journey.
Here's the list of the top 7 LDS dating websites and apps that are designed to help Mormon singles who are ready for a long-term relationship. None of the websites and apps mentioned below are affiliated or backed by the church of Latter-Day Saints.
Top 7 LDS Dating Websites Review
eHarmony LDS Dating
Relationships: Long term, serious and deep relationships
Profile: All singles*
Gender Ratio: 51% male and 49% female*
User Base: 4.2 million visits/month*
Popularity: Over 9 million active users worldwide*
User Rating: 4.8/5.0*
For people who are looking for a serious relationship or marriage, eHarmony is the best website. The huge user database has people from all over the world and different niches. The effective matchmaking tool narrows down your online date search to a selected group of compatible matches.
Faith can be deeply personal and difficult to categorize—however, eHarmony's team and its powerful settings narrow down your match list. In case you think the match suggestions are not focused enough, you can intimate customer care, and it can be changed.
- Intelligent matchmaking system that ensures you receive the right matches.
- Special personality-based report generated for all users, even free registrations users.
- Highly secured dating site with multiple safety features and verification badge.
- The site and app have a fresh approach. Even the most non-techy person can use it with ease.
- SecureCalls and video call services for people who are apprehensive about sharing personal contact details.
The unique personality report and matchmaking algorithm form the backbone of eHarmony. It has upgraded itself to the continuously evolving online dating world. Your search for a partner who follows your faith can become more accessible with eHarmony. It is one of the most trusted dating sites for all kinds of niche dating. Take one step closer to find the love of your life; sign up today for free.
Online LDS Dating
Online LDS Dating is the self-proclaimed number one dating site for LDS and Mormon singles looking for love online. One of the top Mormon dating sites gives Mormon and LDS single a passage to the online dating world. You can try on this site for dating, love, marriage, or anything that you wish to achieve through online dating. Whether you are looking for sister wives or simply looking for other believers in a new city, Online LDS Dating can be a great help.
Even though the site has its presence all over the world, it can help you find a date locally. You don't have to wait for friends' weddings to meet your potential life partner or spend hours scrolling through mainstream dating sites. You can sit back at the comfort of your home and find a love match just a few clicks away.
- Free registration.
- You can block members with whom you do not wish to interact with.
- If someone tries to trouble you online, you can report them to the customer care team.
- The site has 5 step signup process.
- 100% free LDS dating site gives you basic membership options. Browse profiles, view profiles, send flirts and modify profiles can be done with free membership.
- For important communication features, you need to update your profile.
With thousands of people on the site, you can be sure of finding someone. Take your chance as the site offers free registration. Browse profiles if you find someone interesting; you can upgrade to affordable paid membership options.
LDS Planet offers more than dating. You can look for friends, pen-pals, and partners in your area or worldwide. The site aims to provide a platform for Mormon singles to connect and interact with each other. The site is owned and maintained by People Media, the largest dating site network that owns various niche dating sites.
The site provides a friendly and convenient forum for LDS singles who shares common faith, morals, and blessings.
- Users can create a free profile, but to access messaging feature, you need to upgrade to premium membership.
- Intelligent matchmaking system with an in-depth questionnaire.
- You can share your photo album, interests, and many other things while creating a profile.
- With a free profile, you can send flirts, browse profiles, and modify your profile.
- The site offers a safe, simple, and fun atmosphere to its users.
- The users range from 18 to 60 years of age. It is a great site for LDS singles over 60 who get even lesser opportunities to meet other singles in their age group.
- The Mobile version is not available.
The site offers much more than dates. It can be a great site for LDS singles to connect with people if you are recently moved to a new city. The affordable premium membership is another motivating factor to join the site. Single members of the LDS church can definitely try to find love and other relations on this site.
Mutual is the largest and fastest-growing dating app for LDS singles. The app is very popular among the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The app is featured on CNN, LDSLiving, The New York Times, Deseret News, etc.
The app was created by BYU graduates, who were Mormons themselves. They can truly relate how difficult it could be to meet dates with the same interests, spiritual beliefs, and other factors. Mutual goes one step beyond traditional dating sites and helps users to know each other beyond their profile.
- You can see Who Likes Me, and check who liked your profile.
- Boost your profile to increase your visibility.
- The Ward Hop feature can help you change your location and let you connect with new people in a new city.
- Doubles Takes lets you unswipe your past swipes.
- Ninja Mode to go invisible to everyone except people you swipe up.
- The Daily Notes section gives you the opportunity to stand out.
Mutual has overall good reviews online, and the management regularly reviews all accounts that are reported of misconduct. The team strongly suggests that users meet the potential dates in public places for at least the first 2-3 dates. Be wary of people who come as untrustworthy. The app definitely has the potential and has helped several Mormon singles to find life partners. You can check multiple success stories on their website, and who knows, one day, your story may also get featured.
LDS Singles is one of the oldest and best LDS dating sites. The site was founded in 1996 and was created with the aim to assist LDS singles in finding a life partner. The site represents a fun, entertaining, and safe way to meet Mormon singles near you. The site claims they have matched (married) over thousand couples. Although the site was created with the intention of helping find life partners, it encourages its users first to form a friendship and then move ahead.
- Members can upload unlimited photographs.
- Users can use message boards that are divided into different categories and sub-categories.
- Only one message board is dedicated to faith.
- Apart from the message board, the site also has instant chat and email.
- Free members can use the flirt feature to like a profile.
- The unique dashboard provides users access to all important features instantly.
- You can check who's online, who visited your profile, and other things.
- Compass report generated for each user profile gives you an idea of a potential match.
- LDS Singles organizes events all across the USA for singles to meet in real life.
The LDS Singles dating site is rather too focused on its members in the USA. However, its largest user base is in the US. It can be a great dating site for LDS singles to find what they are searching for.
Latter Day Matchmaker
Latter Day Matchmaker is not a regular LDS dating site but a boutique online dating service for the LDS community. Apart from matchmaking, it also provides high-end coaching, matchmaking, dating strategy sessions, etc. They do offer a free option, but it is advisable to get one of the packages they offer.
If confidentiality is a concern for you, then it is the ideal dating service. Its database is internal and highly confidential. It is the high-end alternative to regular dating.
- They are available at appointment only.
- Assistance in finding a great match and evaluate their dating behavior.
- Image refining service.
- Profiles writing service.
- Assistance in participating in singles events.
- The currently available package includes an online makeover, VIP matchmaking for men, image, and styling, and coaching.
You can schedule a consultation with the counselor by following the instructions given on the site. Latter-Day Matchmaker is our top recommendation if you are looking for a more personalized LDS dating service.
True LDS is 100% owned and operated by fellow Latter-Day Saints followers. The site offers a large user database of educated and spiritual singles who share similar values and goals in life. True LDS is committed to bringing together like-minded LDS Singles.
They do not have rich features that you may expect from other premium dating sites. However, all the features are effective and assist well in your search for potential matches.
- The site has a social media type of interface. Each member has a public timeline visible to other users.
- You can directly go to the photo gallery and look for good-looking singles.
- My Matches is your customized list of matches where you can view profiles that are compatible with you.
- You can send virtual gifts to people you like.
- You can create your blog.
- You need to upgrade to premium membership to communicate, send gifts, and access additional features.
The site is quite popular because it is managed by fellow latter-day saints. The registration to the site is free, so you can definitely try it.
If mainstream dating sites have disappointed you and you are struggling to choose the right LDS dating site, check our LDS dating sites review. We have carefully picked just 7 outstanding LDS dating sites that provide great results.
We understand the importance of the LDS church and the religious values of our LDS readers, so are the dating sites listed above. You can surely find someone who shares your faith and values. You read our impartial reviews on LDS dating sites and evaluate what platform is right for your needs. Make a sound decision to join a dating site or app that supports your relationship goals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is LDS dating?
LDS dating sites are niche dating sites that serve specifically to singles who follow the church of Latter-Day Saints. It is tough for unmarried Latter-day Saints to find the ideal match. They spend a lot of time focusing on their missions while not paying much attention to the love life. Mainstream dating sites also don't help them much, as most Mormon single women have negative experiences. eHarmony is an exception that accommodates people from all faiths and gives them a customized experience.
Is there an LDS dating site?
There are plenty of LDS dating sites, and each one of them claims to be the number one of the LDS dating sites. However, not all act in accordance with the values of the Mormon church. A handful of sites have truly performed well over the years and have been instrumental in connecting thousands of LDS couples.
We have listed some top-ranked dating sites based on their success factor, user-friendliness, and security features. You can pick any site from the list and check whether it suits your relationship goals. The online dating world can be intimidating to first-time users. Make sure you educate yourself on how to navigate online dating if you are new.
What is the best LDS dating site?
The idea and definition for best may vary for everyone. The above-mentioned LDS dating sites can be recommended as the best ones based on the success they have experienced in the past few years. We have ranked the best mainstream dating site, niche dating site, and LDS dating app that cater to religious-minded singles.
Though a mainstream dating site, we strongly suggest you give eharmony a try. The site has been around since the inception of online dating. The pioneer dating site has successfully matched thousands of people. The patented intelligent matchmaking tools find exactly what you are looking for.
What should you not do while dating an LDS?
There are strict dating guidelines that you need to follow when you are a Mormon. Mormon is just the nickname for Latter-Day Saints followers. Dating an LDS may require a lot of work if you are not aware of Mormons' dating rules and culture. The dating tips to date Mormon girls are different from the regular dating tip that we have suggested on our blog.
Below are some tips that may come in handy if you meet a really cute Mormon girl or boy.
- Make sure the person you intend to date is above 16.
- Get familiar with the practices of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- Polygamy is a practice that is not officially practiced in modern days, so do not get confused.
- Mormon culture insists on dressing modestly. Irrespective of the gender, you are expected to avoid short dresses, transparent shirts, etc.
- The Mormon church has the law of chastity, where pre-marital sex is completely off-limits.
Can Mormons date non-Mormons?
Yes, Mormons are allowed to date non-Mormons. However, they would expect you to honor the religions they belong to. You need to make certain adjustments in your lifestyle to suit their spiritual beliefs. Fortunately, the tweaks in the rule now allow non-Mormons to have a temple wedding. Till recently, it was forbidden for non-Mormons to attend temple weddings. With the changed rules, non-Mormon friends and families can also attend the wedding.